SE Exam Oct 2019 Result - Page 19 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Sheik

SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

I failed the lateral. AM 31/40, PM Steel U; Concrete IR; General analysis A; Wood A.

This exam is totally unbelievable. I did the best in the steel but got U, while I did not do well in the general analysis and the wood, but got A. Also, to be honest, I do not think I can get 31/40 in the morning.

I am not sure If I shall continue. I passed the vertical in April, second try. I am very disappointed and upset.

• Sad 5

Failed vert 25/40, A, IR, IR, U and failed lat 23/40, A, IR, U, U.  2nd time for lat and freaking 4th time for vert.  I signed up and got very busy with work and didn't have time to study so I was just going off of previous knowledge and didn't expect to pass...but it still sucks.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Stewie said:

LA, Lateral Bridge, 2nd try, Pass. Thank you. Thank you. And thank you all.

Congrats Stewie!  I'll miss seeing you there!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Civil Dawg said:

Failed vert 25/40, A, IR, IR, U and failed lat 23/40, A, IR, U, U.  2nd time for lat and freaking 4th time for vert.  I signed up and got very busy with work and didn't have time to study so I was just going off of previous knowledge and didn't expect to pass...but it still sucks.

Man, sorry to hear that. I wish you the best luck. And I wish you get more time for study. I will be waiting for your good news next year. Keep in touch~

26 minutes ago, BCEngineer said:

I failed the lateral. AM 31/40, PM Steel U; Concrete IR; General analysis A; Wood A.

This exam is totally unbelievable. I did the best in the steel but got U, while I did not do well in the general analysis and the wood, but got A. Also, to be honest, I do not think I can get 31/40 in the morning.

I am not sure If I shall continue. I passed the vertical in April, second try. I am very disappointed and upset.

Don't give up man! That's a good score... You'll almost definitely pass next time! Sometimes the questions that we're the most comfortable with are the ones we miss, because we don't scrutinize our answers enough.. Dont quit. So close!

Edited by Dzsan

That’s it! I’m done with this &@$/! Passed vertical first shot 2 years ago with limited effort. 3rd GD attempt at Lateral: 36/40!!! But U, U, IR, A. PM result has steadily declined with every attempt. Time for something new

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SE-wishes said:

That’s it! I’m done with this &@$/! Passed vertical first shot 2 years ago with limited effort. 3rd GD attempt at Lateral: 36/40!!! But U, U, IR, A. PM result has steadily declined with every attempt. Time for something new

Congrats and Well Said. That "time for something new" is in my mind for a whole year. That's really the reason of excitement if we pass.

Edited by Stewie

Well, I certainly feel everyone's frustration. I am going to try my hardest to fix some of the problems I see with the exam. Again, I do not want to make this thing easier, but I would like to see it be a little more fair and in line with standard practice. Good luck to all who decide to undergo this again and may God have mercy on my soul.

• Thanks 1

To anyone else from IL. My email exchange from the board.

CTS should release the scores on Thursday (at least that is their target date from what I’ve been told).

15 minutes ago, mikesltj23 said:

This wait is killin me.  C'mon, CT board!  Just let me know I failed already so I can be done with this.

This reminds me of the following. Italics are my edits.

Bruce: Why didn't you just... kill me?
Bane: You don't fear death. You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.
Bruce: Torture?
Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.
Bruce: Where am I?
Bane: NCEES, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why the SE Exam is the worst experience on earth... Hope. Every examinee takes the test and has looked up to the light and imagined passing and climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have given up trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize you, I will feed its you hope to poison your souls. I will let them believe they can pass so that you can watch them clambering over each other to stay in the sun. You can watch me torture an entire room of examinees when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, and then, when it is done and your resolve is...ashes... then you have my permission to die.
Edited by Nathan55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

NCEES released SC results. Confirmed pass as SC board said. (1) more big hurdle for GA licensure and I can stick a fork in it.

Everyone, as the unluckiest man alive, I have studied just about everything this exam has to offer and know most of it well now. If you have any pointed questions, I'd be happy to help you in your future study efforts if you get stuck (like I was). I don't intend to run a study course, but I can help. If you felt the exam absolutely spanked you, you might try AEI

www.aei-california.com

The guys there helped me.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Bridges said:

image.png.bb2f3e7cec123929f96beb88d43c123a.png

Passed both exams first attempt.

I also recommend AEI-California for exam prep.

Congrats. Bridges.

1 hour ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

NCEES released SC results. Confirmed pass as SC board said. (1) more big hurdle for GA licensure and I can stick a fork in it.

Everyone, as the unluckiest man alive, I have studied just about everything this exam has to offer and know most of it well now. If you have any pointed questions, I'd be happy to help you in your future study efforts if you get stuck (like I was). I don't intend to run a study course, but I can help. If you felt the exam absolutely spanked you, you might try AEI

www.aei-california.com

Congratulations. I am extremely happy for you and glad this is off your back.

1 hour ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

www.aei-california.com

Congrats brother 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

Well, I certainly feel everyone's frustration. I am going to try my hardest to fix some of the problems I see with the exam. Again, I do not want to make this thing easier, but I would like to see it be a little more fair and in line with standard practice. Good luck to all who decide to undergo this again and may God have mercy on my soul.

For no particular reason, I went back to the April 2019 results thread and it turns out that you were apoplectic about your April results. I have to say, definitely happy for you that you got it this time. If they have you help write/grade tests, try to make them a bit more fair. I've always been ok with the difficulty level, but it would make a world of difference if NCEES could provide useful feedback on what was done wrong for the afternoon problems. Financially, it would even make sense. They could charge a ridiculous price and people would pay it, even for generalities: "you forgot to check vertical seismic per ASCE 7-10 section so-and-so." 

• Like 1

I have no issue with the difficulty level either, it just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER how I go from A on both concrete AND steel TWICE, then the following time where I get 36 out of 40 in the AM and then somehow U on both this time and fail.

Just now, SE-wishes said:

I have no issue with the difficulty level either, it just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER how I go from A on both concrete AND steel TWICE, then the following time where I get 36 out of 40 in the AM and then somehow U on both this time and fail.

Agreed, if you have already received an "A" on a past exam essay question, then that "A" should "trickle-down" to your following exams somehow. Maybe even make the threshold (2) "A"s like what you have done. Might be a bookkeeping nightmare for NCEES, but that seems like a fair deal to me.  .001% chance that it happens, but you never know with the CBT on the horizon. 

KY results released. Failed SE lateral the 3rd try😑. (Passed SE Vertical 2018 Oct on the 2nd try). EET course did help a lot.
Lateral Results:
2018 April (V+L)  AM: 21/40   PM: IR/IR/U/U   (self reviewed V+L for 3 months)
2018 Oct   (V, passed, joined the EET course)  
2019 April   AM: 26/40    PM:Geneal Analysis/Conc./steel/wood& mas.= A/A/IR/U
2019 Oct     AM: 31/40    PM:Geneal Analysis/steel/Conc./wood& mas.= A/A/IR/U 

I have 1 year experience until now. Did some design in wood and masonry, small component design.

Can anyone give some suggestions on the material to cover the wood and masonry for SEL? Thanks a mil.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Nathan55 said:

For no particular reason, I went back to the April 2019 results thread and it turns out that you were apoplectic about your April results....

I prefer apocalyptic.

I changed venues due to the fact I was so sure I passed it then that Alabama must have effed up somewhere. I still think I received someone else's answer sheet or had to "cross-up" bubbling somewhere.

^^ You may want to change the image. Your name and NCEES ID is on there.