October 2019 15k SPAM Thread - Page 490 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

4 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Ok real talk (and I complain about this frequently on EB), but WHY ARE PEOPLE USING CONFERENCE CALLS IN CUBICLES AND SHOUTING?

I once had to dm a colleague to turn off their speaker when in a conference call :brickwall:

2 minutes ago, NikR said:

I once had to dm a colleague to turn off their speaker when in a conference call :brickwall:

Reason # over 9000 that cube farms are dumb and shouldn’t be a thing.

2 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

So I'm mostly calm according to @RBHeadge PE's WTTS thread. Excpet I want to unpack my bag & box from the exam. They're sitting in front of my bookshelf. And I have a lot of empty space for them. And I soooooo want to put them away. It's bugging me. BUT I CAN'T. I HAVE TO WAIT. So like 95% calm here I think 

You're still calm.

Having OCD and wanting to stay organized has nothing to do with the exam.

Just now, ChebyshevII PE said:

Reason # over 9000 that cube farms are dumb and shouldn’t be a thing.

Weeeelllll....I work for the government so that's changing...never.

3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

INTJ.

So that makes me a Port Jackson Shark?

Yay more data points!

1 hour ago, Chattaneer said:
Chattaneer INTP-A Electrical
Chebysevll ISFJ-T Electrical
LyceeFruit ISTJ-A Electrical
JayKay INFJ-A Environmental
squaretaper ENTJ ?
NikR ENTP-T Structural

We need more data points! if we're going to correlate personality with field of study.

I took it twice and am an ESFJ-A.

People who share the Consul personality type are, for lack of a better word, popular – which makes sense, given that it is also a very common personality type, making up twelve percent of the population. In high school, Consuls are the cheerleaders and the quarterbacks, setting the tone, taking the spotlight and leading their teams forward to victory and fame. Later in life, Consuls continue to enjoy supporting their friends and loved ones, organizing social gatherings and doing their best to make sure everyone is happy.

At their hearts, Consul personalities are social creatures, and thrive on staying up to date with what their friends are doing.
Consul (ESFJ) personality

Discussing scientific theories or debating European politics isn’t likely to capture Consuls’ interest for too long. Consuls are more concerned with fashion and their appearance, their social status and the standings of other people. Practical matters and gossip are their bread and butter, but Consuls do their best to use their powers for good.

I'm not super stoked about it making me sound like an airheaded cheerleader who only cares about how she looks. But I do like to host parties, go out, talk to random people, etc. I've lately started to consider myself more of an extroverted introvert, because I don't absolutely need to be around people, but definitely like to, but also like to chill at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

But I do like to host parties, go out, talk to random people, etc. I've lately started to consider myself more of an extroverted introvert, because I don't absolutely need to be around people, but definitely like to, but also like to chill at home.

This is exactly how I picture you, internet fren.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Ok real talk (and I complain about this frequently on EB), but WHY ARE PEOPLE USING CONFERENCE CALLS IN CUBICLES AND SHOUTING?

my PM does this when we're in conference rooms. I constantly make the "bring the volume down" signal to him. 

• fudgey 1

7 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

You're still calm.

Having OCD and wanting to stay organized has nothing to do with the exam.

It's starting to make me anxious. But Boyfriend won't let me put them away either since I explained 2 weeks ago why I can't. So now I really can't. 

1 hour ago, squaretaper PE said:

There are themes? Ok, now I'm REALLY confused.

We all are. You'll fit right it.

4 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Anyone wanna do the enneagram now?! 

I've done the enneagram... Gotta go get my results.

Also, I'm this shark:

broadnose-sevengill-shark-1.jpg?fit=1000

The broad-minded sevengill! I particularly like this part of the description: 

AS ESFJ sharks, the broadnose sevengill is extroverted and cooperative. They readily share territory with others of their species. They even hunt together in packs when taking on larger prey. However, they can be dangerous to each other, sometimes engaging in cannibalism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Anyone wanna do the enneagram now?! 

Which enneagram are we talking about? Apparently I have results from two of them!

Edit: One result is for my Type (my basic type is 1, next are Types 6 and 8, tied). So I'm a Reformer first, with some Loyalist and Challenger in me. My other result is for my instincts (strongly Social, then Self-Preservation, then Sexual).

24 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Sometimes you really really NEED to yell at another person on the conference call.

12 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I'm not super stoked about it making me sound like an airheaded cheerleader who only cares about how she looks.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ever pictured you to be this type of person.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

Which enneagram are we talking about? Apparently I have results from two of them!

didn't know there where various options lol

1 minute ago, squaretaper PE said:

*backs away slowly*

I'd never stand a chance.

17 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Weeeelllll....I work for the government so that's changing...never.

Not true.

They'll get rid of the cube walls, and make people hotel into ledge desks with small rolling filing cabinets.

Or just switch to telework.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChebyshevII PE said:

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ever pictured you to be this type of person.

I just imagine @leggo PE just absolutely COVERED in flour surrounded by piles and piles of bread rolls, loaves, and buns.

11 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

It's starting to make me anxious. But Boyfriend won't let me put them away either since I explained 2 weeks ago why I can't. So now I really can't. 

d'oh