Memorial Day Plans? - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Road Guy

Memorial Day Plans?

We are not doing much this weekend, kids are all working and were still recuperating from having family in town -

Anyone doing anything good?

Multi family garage sale today and tomorrow. Sunday we are taking the kiddo to an aquarium and local festival thing. Nothing to epic here lol

Normally we do calling, but this year we have a friend coming to town tomorrow and another friend coming to town on Monday, both starting with us, so we'll likely be busy with them.

Also, we have a shiny new gas grill that we're thinking we'll try out for a BBQ on Monday!

In the pool.  And brisket (not in the pool).

Have a friend that's having a party tomorrow that we're going to and I'm going to smoke some ribs with the neighbor on Sunday. Will probably hit up the pool a few times as well. Whatever happens, the beer will be flowing continuously! 

Celebrating the PE license (almost). Also the promotion/pay raise at work. 

Temecula. Bottomless Mimosas. Bar hopping. All on different days. 

Bike ride and some gardening Saturday. Hoping for 2 hikes, at least 1. Pending weather & whining boyf (he's gotta ride 65 mi on Saturday on a single speed so I don't see 2 hikes happening lol)

4 hours ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

Might convince my family to go on a hike

Lmao I usually have to convince my husband to go hiking too. But once we go, he enjoys it (or so he says...)

We're moving in 8-ish weeks, so Marie Kondo-ing the house.  But also relaxation! 

5 minutes ago, txjennah PE said:

Lmao I usually have to convince my husband to go hiking too. But once we go, he enjoys it (or so he says...)

I tend to be the same way but I look forward to hikes when I know in advance i’m going to be doing them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, txjennah PE said:

We're moving in 8-ish weeks, so Marie Kondo-ing the house.  But also relaxation! 

And if you need renovations, Chip and Joanna Gaines are basically your next door neighbors! :P

• Like 1

Working a 6 day plant shutdown before changing jobs/moving at the end of the week.  Busy busy.

30 minutes ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

And if you need renovations, Chip and Joanna Gaines are basically your next door neighbors! :P

Hah! True.  Should have gone to visit Magnolia at some point. Last time I was in Waco was 2013, I don't remember the show being as big just yet...oh well.

So far got bicycling, BBQ and beer planned.  Maybe some hiking too. 

Spending the weekend in Tulsa visiting an old friend and colleague. 

Went to a pool party on Saturday.  Ran a 40 person golf game for money today.

Sat on my ass and went to the gym late.  Mid 90's - I had no interest in going back out to the garage or sitting outside anywhere but the comfort of my home's AC.

Sunday the wife and I biked to a couple of Mexican places to drink margaritas, then I woke up and did a 10K Monday, felt like shit and took a 3 hour nap when I got back home from that yesterday, I had planned to do a deep dive in the garage but I guess that will have to wait till another weekend...

I clicked like, then I clicked unlike when I saw that brownish, yellowish disc in the middle of the grill.  

• Haha 1

That's for sending a subtle message to the person you don't like.

• Haha 1