Washington Results (not DC) - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Manimani

Washington Results (not DC)

Any Washington test takers here?

Post results when we get them this week.

Then you are in the minority, my good sir. :)

8 minutes ago, itsNOTtinkeringSEEmath said:

My NCEES dashboard is acting funny 😮

don't do this to me dude

Civil - Structural, passed my first time taking it. I'm so excited right now!

• Like 2

Just a friendly reminder for all my WA friends...

The state tends to issue licenses a lot later than when the results are released. Be sure you verify you are listed as a professional engineer in the license query search (https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/bpdlicensequery/) before you go around telling people you are a PE. Don’t wanna start out with restrictions or a revokation.

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify since I know different states have different requirements, Washington just sends out the license numbers and certificates after passing right? No additional registration forms/fees?

Mechanical - TFS - 1st Time Pass! So stoked.

To answer your question, you are correct. According to the DOL they will send license numbers and certificates out after passing.

Congrats! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

Pics or it didn’t happen

Passed.....  told you it was acting funny :).  Had to go to a meeting but it was partial loading with just side banners and a out-of-scale NCEES logo.

34 minutes ago, JRayK852 said:

Just to clarify since I know different states have different requirements, Washington just sends out the license numbers and certificates after passing right? No additional registration forms/fees?

If you’ve already paid the fee and filled out the application, you don’t need to do anything else. Your application will be marked completed once they issue your number.

• Thanks 3

Passed Mech TFS. Had to bubble in approx. 5 straight guesses. Huge thank you to everybody on this board for keeping me sane during these past few weeks and especially to those that gave study tips. Followed the advice to get a first time pass. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manimani said:

if we pass when do we get notified of our license? 

You’ll be sent snail mail after the license has been issued, with your number, a wallet card, and a 5x10 license paper (similar looking to the ones barbers post in their shops).

Officially, according to the state, the license number is sent within 4 weeks of getting your NCEES results, and wall certificate is sent within 12 weeks.

In my case, I was able to see my license number in the online license lookup database 8 days after I got my NCEES results, but that may or may not be the norm. I suspect a lot of people had their applications processed earlier than I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, itsNOTtinkeringSEEmath said:

Pssh! My middle of nowhere looks like the 5th picture.

Mine too!

4 hours ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

Just a friendly reminder for all my WA friends...

The state tends to issue licenses a lot later than when the results are released. Be sure you verify you are listed as a professional engineer in the license query search (https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/bpdlicensequery/) before you go around telling people you are a PE. Don’t wanna start out with restrictions or a revokation.

Do you have a rough estimate on the delay on this?  Not many PEs where I work and none recent enough to see the automated notification system.  Never mind I can read now.  Answer is a few post up.

Edited by itsNOTtinkeringSEEmath
missed post
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, ChebyshevII_PE said:

You’ll be sent snail mail after the license has been issued, with your number, a wallet card, and a 5x10 license paper (similar looking to the ones barbers post in their shops).

Officially, according to the state, the license number is sent within 4 weeks of getting your NCEES results, and wall certificate is sent within 12 weeks.

In my case, I was able to see my license number in the online license lookup database 8 days after I got my NCEES results, but that may or may not be the norm. I suspect a lot of people had their applications processed earlier than I did.

Does your lisence number pop up within their online database before they email you? 

Ive only sent in one application and that was for my work exp and to get acceptance to sit in for the PE. Not sure if there's any other paper work.

I keep inputting my name on their website to see an update, but that darn EIT status won't go away. 

42 minutes ago, Manimani said:

Does your lisence number pop up within their online database before they email you? 

Ive only sent in one application and that was for my work exp and to get acceptance to sit in for the PE. Not sure if there's any other paper work.

I keep inputting my name on their website to see an update, but that darn EIT status won't go away. 

In general you should be able to see your license number in the database before you get your mail with your number.

Also bear in mind the website only updates once per day, so you’re not going to gain anything by continually inputting your information.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, ChebyshevII_PE said:

In general you should be able to see your license number in the database before you get your mail with your number.

Also bear in mind the website only updates once per day, so you’re not going to gain anything by continually inputting your information.

I messaged the board earlier this week asking them when they anticipate to have the licenses up. They gave me the "give us 4 weeks" response -_-