Washington Results (not DC)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a friendly reminder for all my WA friends...

The state tends to issue licenses a lot later than when the results are released. Be sure you verify you are listed as a professional engineer in the license query search (https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/bpdlicensequery/) before you go around telling people you are a PE. Don’t wanna start out with restrictions or a revokation.
Do you have a rough estimate on the delay on this?  Not many PEs where I work and none recent enough to see the automated notification system.  Never mind I can read now.  Answer is a few post up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ll be sent snail mail after the license has been issued, with your number, a wallet card, and a 5x10 license paper (similar looking to the ones barbers post in their shops).

Officially, according to the state, the license number is sent within 4 weeks of getting your NCEES results, and wall certificate is sent within 12 weeks.

In my case, I was able to see my license number in the online license lookup database 8 days after I got my NCEES results, but that may or may not be the norm. I suspect a lot of people had their applications processed earlier than I did.
Does your lisence number pop up within their online database before they email you? 

Ive only sent in one application and that was for my work exp and to get acceptance to sit in for the PE. Not sure if there's any other paper work.

I keep inputting my name on their website to see an update, but that darn EIT status won't go away. 

Does your lisence number pop up within their online database before they email you? 

Ive only sent in one application and that was for my work exp and to get acceptance to sit in for the PE. Not sure if there's any other paper work.

I keep inputting my name on their website to see an update, but that darn EIT status won't go away. 
In general you should be able to see your license number in the database before you get your mail with your number.

Also bear in mind the website only updates once per day, so you’re not going to gain anything by continually inputting your information.

In general you should be able to see your license number in the database before you get your mail with your number.

Also bear in mind the website only updates once per day, so you’re not going to gain anything by continually inputting your information.
I messaged the board earlier this week asking them when they anticipate to have the licenses up. They gave me the "give us 4 weeks" response -_-

Anyone was able to see his/her new PE license number in DOL’s online database? I checked every day after passing the exam but didn’t see any update for mine. My coworker tole me she was able to find hers on the 5th day. This year seems slow...

Anyone was able to see his/her new PE license number in DOL’s online database? I checked every day after passing the exam but didn’t see any update for mine. My coworker tole me she was able to find hers on the 5th day. This year seems slow...
unfortunately it updates once per day at 3:00 AM PST

Day 9 for me and nothing. 

I messaged the board earlier this week asking them when they anticipate to have the licenses up. They gave me the "give us 4 weeks" response -_-
You could do what I did and find the highest number in there, then check to see if there are more numbers every day. (I don’t recommend this practice, though)

Interesting... How would I go about doing this?
Well, I stated by taking an educated guess as to the whereabouts of the highest number. I had a reasonable idea since some of my colleagues got their licenses in a prior administration and I knew their numbers.

Once I had an idea, went to the license query search and typed in a license number. If a result was returned, I added 1000 to the number I tried and did the same thing again.

This repeated until I didn’t get any results for a number; once I got to that point, I used the last number that gave me a result, then added 100 to it, performing the same process.

When I reached a no result number again, I decreased my adder to 10 and did the process again. Finally, I used 1 as my adder until I eventually I got to the highest number currently in their list.

Well, I stated by taking an educated guess as to the whereabouts of the highest number. I had a reasonable idea since some of my colleagues got their licenses in a prior administration and I knew their numbers.

Once I had an idea, went to the license query search and typed in a license number. If a result was returned, I added 1000 to the number I tried and did the same thing again.

This repeated until I didn’t get any results for a number; once I got to that point, I used the last number that gave me a result, then added 100 to it, performing the same process.

When I reached a no result number again, I decreased my adder to 10 and did the process again. Finally, I used 1 as my adder until I eventually I got to the highest number currently in their list.
I think I figured it out based on your method.

The highest PE Civil I could find is license 49909. No results beyond that. Now I have to refresh once a day and see if there’s a 49910, which would indicate that they are starting to populate licenses.

I can’t believe it only updates once a day (and at 3 AM PST) that is absurd.

I think I figured it out based on your method.

The highest PE Civil I could find is license 49909. No results beyond that. Now I have to refresh once a day and see if there’s a 49910, which would indicate that they are starting to populate licenses.

I can’t believe it only updates once a day (and at 3 AM PST) that is absurd.
That doesn’t sound right. My license number is about 10000 higher than that. WA doesn’t necessarily assign numbers by discipline.

When you get to that annoying screen that asks you to pick a license type,  make sure you check the box that says “Search for all engineers” and leave all other boxes unchecked.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn’t sound right. My license number is about 10000 higher than that. WA doesn’t necessarily assign numbers by discipline.
you are right. my mistake

The most recent one is #57560, issued May 22, 2019. Last name V.

My last name is S.. WHY!!!

As I figured out when I did all this, it’s not alphabetical. :eek:ldman:
I figured a pattern.

Electrical's when first after April Exam, started with higher last name then worked down. The first Civil went in yesterday at V, so I'll be the next batch (if theory holds true I should know by tomorrow morning)

I see now why you didn't recommend this method lol

Is goal to see if they're populating the database with recent exam passers? Or to see if you're licensed?

If the former, you should look at the addresses of the recent licensees. Out-of-state is usually license by comity. A bunch in-state are exam passers.

If the latter, forgo the above exercise altogether and just search for your own name. 😁

Is goal to see if they're populating the database with recent exam passers? Or to see if you're licensed?

If the former, you should look at the addresses of the recent licensees. Out-of-state is usually license by comity. A bunch in-state are exam passers.

If the latter, forgo the above exercise altogether and just search for your own name. 😁
Darn, and I was feeling proud of myself for sharing my ingenious method...

I had results email 12/9 and ordered my stamp 12/17

Back