April 2019 SE Results Thread - Page 11 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Civil Dawg

April 2019 SE Results Thread

2 hours ago, Nathan55 said:

HAHA. Can't say I disagree. I'd like to also add my NCEES practice test to that conflagration. My 6th edition aashto was full of notes, then NCEES switched to the 7th edition. I was less than enthused. 

The only good thing I have to say about AASHTO is at least you're using one code for design. It's not like buildings, where you use ASCE 7, but then IBC since sometimes they contradict each other...then you switch to ACI, which was reorganized to make it simpler but in the end made it worse.......

All in favor of having the people who wrote the AISC Manual Thanos-snapping away all other codes and developing a single, overarching super code to replace them all, say "aye". 

We can only dream...

Well folks, we're officially halfway there. Woah. Living on a prayer.

• fudgey 1

16 minutes ago, Hindianapolis said:

how real is this?

image.thumb.png.1cf61539634be98faa9f3205c99594f0.png

The PE results are starting to come out today so this is real.  However the SE results will not be coming out for a little while.  At least that is what I suspect.

31 minutes ago, Hindianapolis said:

maybe..

i have a feeling its gonna come out in a week or 10 days time. 

Those are PE results that are coming out.  I think someone said the SE exam grading workshop is going to be sometime after Memorial Day, so I would say 2nd week of June. 

Yeah unless I was lied too ( are chat bots capable of lying? If so they will probably become self aware soon) then the grading workshop is June 7 & June 8, so results around June 14.

For the October 2018, SE exam results were released 1 week after the PE results were. 

Edit: The April 2018 thread a bit later on has a list of all previous dates of release. Also, last Spring was a 24th of May for PE of and the 15th of June for SE 😕 I am less hopeful now.

Edited by QuinnTheEskimo

10 minutes ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

For the October 2018, SE exam results were released 1 week after the PE results were. 

Edit: The April 2018 thread a bit later on has a list of all previous dates of release. Also, last Spring was a 24th of May for PE of and the 15th of June for SE 😕 I am less hopeful now.

SE grading workshop confirmed by NCEES chat is not until june 7 weekend. Therefore we will not have SE results for another month

15 hours ago, cal91 said:

Yeah unless I was lied too ( are chat bots capable of lying? If so they will probably become self aware soon) then the grading workshop is June 7 & June 8, so results around June 14.

I've tried periodically to get the SE Grading Workshop dates from the NCEES chat since the exam took place and "Keshia" has consistently told me it hasn't been scheduled yet.  Tried again this morning with the same result.  5 1/2 weeks after the exam and it's still not scheduled....hmmm.

36 minutes ago, Civil Dawg said:

I've tried periodically to get the SE Grading Workshop dates from the NCEES chat since the exam took place and "Keshia" has consistently told me it hasn't been scheduled yet.  Tried again this morning with the same result.  5 1/2 weeks after the exam and it's still not scheduled....hmmm.

NCEES Calendar: (https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/a898f801aace444e9af2501e86703d01@ncees.org/bb5bc29c54fb4348b433f24b5c1030b68502884810685609233/calendar.html)

image.thumb.png.111c7fe845c5006ebb666a71282ab327.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stewie said:

Wow, is this official?

It came from the NCEES website's calendar. They could have changed the dates and not updated the calendar but I would hope not. 

1 hour ago, SouthernEngineer said:

It came from the NCEES website's calendar. They could have changed the dates and not updated the calendar but I would hope not. 

That's great.  I've never seen that.

NCEES: Most results from the April 2019 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PE Structural exam results will be released as soon as they are finalized. 

me: why are you delaying PE Structural results? What's the hold up?

also me: oh, maybe they mean the SE results? Who is updating these sites and do they even engineer, bro?

12 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

NCEES: Most results from the April 2019 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PE Structural exam results will be released as soon as they are finalized. 

me: why are you delaying PE Structural results? What's the hold up?

also me: oh, maybe they mean the SE results? Who is updating these sites and do they even engineer, bro?

Do you think or you just know "PE Structural results" = "SE results"?

well last cycle they said

All results from the October 2018 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. SE exam results were released on December 10. PE exam results were released on December 5. How and when examinees receive their results varies by state.

So, why they being weirdos?

42 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

well last cycle they said

All results from the October 2018 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. SE exam results were released on December 10. PE exam results were released on December 5. How and when examinees receive their results varies by state.

So, why they being weirdos?

Because they had not realized that our training for the exam left us reading every sentence so closely to find the exact meaning and pick up any subtle differences. 

• Haha 1

yeah. look back a page or two, someone got confirmed date for grading workshop which coincides with the ncees calendar that was also shared. we've got 4ish weeks left to wait.

LetsSE asking the tough questions! Way to go!

I wonder if NCEES has to do some type of quality review of the exams before giving them over to the graders. 

I've also wondered what would happen if exams got damaged in an accident while in transit or if some type of fire occurred where the exams are held.... but it is best not to dwell on these thoughts for long. 

1 hour ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

LetsSE asking the tough questions! Way to go!

I wonder if NCEES has to do some type of quality review of the exams before giving them over to the graders. 

I've also wondered what would happen if exams got damaged in an accident while in transit or if some type of fire occurred where the exams are held.... but it is best not to dwell on these thoughts for long. 

I heard the the question & answer sheets are transferred with armored trucks.

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

I heard the the question & answer sheets are transferred with armored trucks.

Hey- that $500 has to go towards something!

3 hours ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

Hey- that $500 has to go towards something!

In case you thought he was kidding...he isn’t. Our proctor for the Lateral Exam on Saturday was talking about how she had to stay late the day before for the armored truck to come pick up the tests. We kind of smirked and she said no really, they come pick them up in armored trucks!