Here's some hard (and free) PM WRE problems! - Water Resources & Environmental - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
squarepegs

Here's some hard (and free) PM WRE problems!

I made these problems (see the uploaded file "SQRPGZ Free WRE Problems.pdf" link, below) shortly after passing the WRE on my first try.  There's 15 problems with solutions for a total of 45 pages of material.  Let me know what you think.  Also, if you'd like more WRE problems with the same rigor, please visit my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/sqrpgz

Good luck on your exam!  And, please leave some feedback!

SQRPGZ Free WRE Problems.pdf

Edited by squarepegs

I just saw the problems and am curious to know if there are such lengthy questions in the actual PE exam ( I saw remarks in the solutions that say ‘expect such problems in the exam’). If you’vetaken the exam before, sid you actually encountered those kind of problems in the exam ? One may have the knowledge to solve those problems but completing some of these in 6 minutes sounds difficult. 

The actual problems on the WRE PE exam should take about 3 steps to solve. You should be able to solve each within an average of 5 min. But solving long practice problems is good to expose you to a variety of concepts. Nothing wrong with being over prepared.

Hi, I’m sorry for the late reply.  Yes, these problems are hard — they are designed to be.  When I took the exam I was presented with very easy problems and very hard problems.  If you have a few hard problems in a row, it can throw you off, even if you’re passing by them the first time.  Matt267 is correct, 3 steps and 5 minutes is a good rule of thumb, and being over prepared is frankly a necessity.  My problems are exam-realistic.  Your exam may not be full of these questions, but when you get the hard ones (and you absolutely will), they will resemble my problems.

• Like 1