Oct 2018 NCEES Pencil Is... - Page 3 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
mnguy88

Oct 2018 NCEES Pencil Is...

17 hours ago, squaretaper PE said:

If an enterprising EBer had some money laying around, they could do some real damage with this information.

That's probably why they're now radically changing up the pencil design every session.

The whole reason they started issuing pencils was because they caught a couple guys, in different sites, in the early 2000's wit a "spy" pencil-scanner, trying to scan the entire exam. Ever since then they issued custom pencils.

EBers make a game out of predicting the pencil colors but more nefarious people could use that same information to try to steal the test. Which in the long run undermines our license and profession.

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

The whole reason they started issuing pencils was because they caught a couple guys, in different sites, in the early 2000's wit a "spy" pencil-scanner, trying to scan the entire exam. Ever since then they issued custom pencils.

That's crazy.

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

That's probably why they're now radically changing up the pencil design every session.

EBers make a game out of predicting the pencil colors but more nefarious people could use that same information to try to steal the test. Which in the long run undermines our license and profession.

I forgot to add that it was the FE exam, not PE.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:18 PM, Ti89t said:

I have to say, it feels pretty nice in the hand compared to April 2018. It’s new scary and different but pretty great. I have an extra one of @ptatohed needs one for testing. 

I'll take it!  :D