Oct 2018 NCEES Pencil Is...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used up the eraser for the morning portion and had to request a new pencil for the PM session. Probably not a good sign lol.
I used about of half of mine when I took the exam in April.... you could also look at it this way, you fixed something that you knew was wrong and now it's a point in your favor...good luck to you txjennah....

I used about of half of mine when I took the exam in April.... you could also look at it this way, you fixed something that you knew was wrong and now it's a point in your favor...good luck to you txjennah....
Thanks, that makes me feel better :)

Blue in VT.

Much better than the April 2018 pencil. That eraser was crap and I hated the clicky on the side.

I miss the thinner pencils tho. I have a hoard of them from my failures, proctoring in college, & my ex's - somehow in the breakup I got all of his NCEES pencils lol

If an enterprising EBer had some money laying around, they could do some real damage with this information.
That's probably why they're now radically changing up the pencil design every session.

The whole reason they started issuing pencils was because they caught a couple guys, in different sites, in the early 2000's wit a "spy" pencil-scanner, trying to scan the entire exam. Ever since then they issued custom pencils.

EBers make a game out of predicting the pencil colors but more nefarious people could use that same information to try to steal the test. Which in the long run undermines our license and profession.

The whole reason they started issuing pencils was because they caught a couple guys, in different sites, in the early 2000's wit a "spy" pencil-scanner, trying to scan the entire exam. Ever since then they issued custom pencils.
That's crazy.

That's probably why they're now radically changing up the pencil design every session.

EBers make a game out of predicting the pencil colors but more nefarious people could use that same information to try to steal the test. Which in the long run undermines our license and profession.
I forgot to add that it was the FE exam, not PE.

Back