Oct 2018 NCEES Pencil Is...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup,  got to keep mine as well.  Nice little memento for the 8 hours I spent scratching with it... 

Now,  the ~41 day wait begins 1......2.....3......😰

I was in NYC and we got Blue.
Must be a volume thing? If you were at Pratt, with the hundreds of people, maybe it’s cheaper to ship the thinner pencil? Syracuse where I took it (instead of Brooklyn, because the stress of parking killed me last time), there were only maybe 100 people? The proctors were way more strict than the Brooklyn test area too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the cut score was gonna be low this time around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I heard the moon is made of marshmallows.

The scoring scale is changed every year, a mysterious process involving many engineers in plaid or graph-paper printed button downs discussing, where I guess some questions are thrown out and other are kept. Who knows? They might pick 5-numbers out of a hat and go, “if you answered these questions right, you pass”. 

Me, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and work harder if I didn’t pass for next time. 

Must be a volume thing? If you were at Pratt, with the hundreds of people, maybe it’s cheaper to ship the thinner pencil? Syracuse where I took it (instead of Brooklyn, because the stress of parking killed me last time), there were only maybe 100 people? The proctors were way more strict than the Brooklyn test area too!
I took the FE at Pratt back in 2012, I parked several blocks away on-street. Had I not moved from Long Island to another state I might have done the same as you if I was bringing all these references.

You heard that too?
I mean, there is some contention coming from the astronomy side of things, where they hypothesize the moon substance is made of dairy-products, but I think it is firmly rooted in fact that the moon is made of gelatin and sugar and not a simple by-product following coagulation of casein.

It's a very heated debate that I am following closely.

I had a green one in NC. Almost certain green doesn't mean pass. I wonder what color I'm going to have in April 2019?!?!?

did the eraser work as intended though? Last time everyone complained about the poor quality of it, lots of smearing.
The first thing I did when the test began was test the eraser. It was a quality eraser. I was pretty relieved!  

Oh wow that's different.... did the eraser work as intended though? Last time everyone complained about the poor quality of it, lots of smearing...
I used up the eraser for the morning portion and had to request a new pencil for the PM session. Probably not a good sign lol.

Back