Fighting the urge to study today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mech_Engineer

Reaction score
Is anyone else fighting the urge to study today? This is my second attempt, so you'd think I'd know better. But, I'm paranoid since that last time and feel I need to put in more time. I feel prepared, but still anxious. I've tried walking the dog, doing random pushups in the living room, watching Netflix, checking work emails (took off this week), etc. Wife and kids are at work/school, so I'm here by myself.

I go from, "I'm gonna smoke this test", to "this test is gonna smoke me". Haha!

Wondering how you all are feeling right about now?

take a nap! if not for yourself, for me! I'm not even testing tomorrow lol

There's no hard rule that says that you (the collective readers) can't study today. Just that a bunch of us found that studying the last day wasn't helpful, and that the time was better spent de-stressing.

You (the collective readers) probably won't learn anything new today. And if do learn a lot, you probably weren't adequately prepared to being with. In economic terms: by now you should be deep past the point of diminishing returns. Personally, on the second attempt, I actually got to negative returns by studying the evening before. I recognized it and stopped, played on the computer and watched TV until I feel asleep.

Would you say you feel like you need to study out habit (good sign), stress (neutral), or need (bad sign)?

You say that you feel prepared? Great, then you probably are!

Good luck tomorrow!

Is anyone else fighting the urge to study today? This is my second attempt, so you'd think I'd know better. But, I'm paranoid since that last time and feel I need to put in more time. I feel prepared, but still anxious. I've tried walking the dog, doing random pushups in the living room, watching Netflix, checking work emails (took off this week), etc. Wife and kids are at work/school, so I'm here by myself.

I go from, "I'm gonna smoke this test", to "this test is gonna smoke me". Haha!

Wondering how you all are feeling right about now?
honestly have said this to someone else but yeah i got back and forth between:

"gonna nail it"

to

"they're DEF going to ask me to write a short essay in mandarin, damn it, i should have studied more mandarin, what the hell was I thinking."

honestly have said this to someone else but yeah i got back and forth between:

"gonna nail it"

to

"they're DEF going to ask me to write a short essay in mandarin, damn it, i should have studied more mandarin, what the hell was I thinking."
Option 1.  

Then.... ALLLLLLLL the White Claw.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my third attempt, so definitely cycling between "THIS IS MY TIME TO MAKE ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE" to "Well, I might be back in there a fourth time."  Do yourself a favor and give your brain a rest.  You will definitely have more clarity and focus tomorrow with a well-rested brain rather than a stressed one.  

It's hard not to let the nerves get to you, but find something you really like doing and focus on that. Currently shoving my face with food and then going to buy some yarn at JoAnn.  Do I need more yarn?  NO.  Is shopping for yarn soothing? YES.  

There's no hard rule that says that you (the collective readers) can't study today. Just that a bunch of us found that studying the last day wasn't helpful, and that the time was better spent de-stressing.

You (the collective readers) probably won't learn anything new today. And if do learn a lot, you probably weren't adequately prepared to being with. In economic terms: by now you should be deep past the point of diminishing returns. Personally, on the second attempt, I actually got to negative returns by studying the evening before. I recognized it and stopped, played on the computer and watched TV until I feel asleep.

Would you say you feel like you need to study out habit (good sign), stress (neutral), or need (bad sign)?

You say that you feel prepared? Great, then you probably are!

Good luck tomorrow!
Out of habit and stress. I know what to expect, I just get stressed for things like this. 

I'll let you in on a secret. I got an advanced copy of the test

The essay question needs to be in Yue, not mandarin. Prepare accordingly.

And the answer to Q87 is e) 47
You got this!

Out of habit and stress. I know what to expect, I just get stressed for things like this. 
You sound like you're ready and will be fine!

If you think the stress is bad now, the wait is much worse. Come back after the test, we can help with that too.

spam thread in less than two days

No Spam Until 10/26/2018 5:01 PM Central !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nospam.png

Latest posts

Back