Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
PEforWin

References

On 10/18/2018 at 10:58 AM, In/PE/Out said:

@txjennah @vee043324 @Hockey Eng

I, too, made an index. I doubt it’s as good of quality as the one SoPE made, but it’s better than nothing if the SoPE index doesn’t get shared in time.

you're crazy to downplay this index. it's great!

On 10/18/2018 at 7:58 AM, In/PE/Out said:

@txjennah @vee043324 @Hockey Eng

I, too, made an index. I doubt it’s as good of quality as the one SoPE made, but it’s better than nothing if the SoPE index doesn’t get shared in time. I went through and indexed the headings in each section.  The index I made is in multiple “parts.” One index that has everything in the manual, and an individual index for each topic in the manual (water, air, solid/haz waste, site assessment and remediation, associated principles)

Link: NCEES Env PE Index

Yours is just as good if not better.

Does anyone have an index for the Schneiter practice exams book that they would be willing to share? Just wanted to check before creating one of my own. 

22 minutes ago, txjennah said:

Does anyone have an index for the Schneiter practice exams book that they would be willing to share? Just wanted to check before creating one of my own. 

Nope, but if you happened to make and share one, I don’t think anyone would object 🙃

8 minutes ago, In/PE/Out said:

Nope, but if you happened to make and share one, I don’t think anyone would object 🙃

Haha I'll definitely share with the Enviro board!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, txjennah said:

Haha I'll definitely share with the Enviro board!

I might have time to help contribute to that. email me the format you want to do and we can split up the work!

7 minutes ago, vee043324 said:

I might have time to help contribute to that. email me the format you want to do and we can split up the work!

That sounds like a plan! I was thinking of tackling this Wednesday once I stop studying.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:05 PM, vee043324 said:

I have it and I love it! I have a printed PE handbook too just in case but it’s poorly organized and doesn’t have an index so I don’t think I’m really going to end up using it.

also FWIW I’ve heard (from my PPI professor) there are a lot of errors in the PE handbook and that it needs serious revision.

Did you print the entire FE handbook or only parts of it? AS far as I see all relevant material in the FE handbook is in the PE handbook too. What am I missing? 

41 minutes ago, PEforWin said:

Did you print the entire FE handbook or only parts of it? AS far as I see all relevant material in the FE handbook is in the PE handbook too. What am I missing? 

I wouldnt bother. You wont have time to flip through that.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, PEforWin said:

I have the entire FE handbook (the ACTUAL book, i bought it), and then printed and tabbed the PE handbook and have that in a binder. 

i think there is like 85% overlap between the two sources, with the PE handbook having a few random equations here and there that the FE does not have. I'm more familiar with the FE (and prefer flipping through a physical book instead of a binder), so I'm going to resort to PE if I can't find what I need quickly in FE or EERM index. 

there is only one equation that I've found in PE handbook that I believe is missing from FE or EERM, and it's one regarding methanol, DO concentration, and BOD. 

• Thanks 1

overlap between both handbooks honestly might be close to 90-94% now that I think about it. 

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone! I will be done with my index for the Schneiter exams sometime this evening, I think.  I'll post the link here when finished.

I was wondering if anyone has an index to the most recent NCEES practice exam; if so, would you mind sharing?

Finally, I think I will leave the FE reference manual at home.  The Schneiter exam book based nearly every problem off of the PE Handbook, so I think I'll feel most comfortable bringing that.

Almost there!!!!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, txjennah said:

Hey everyone! I will be done with my index for the Schneiter exams sometime this evening, I think.  I'll post the link here when finished.

Great! I’ll have to hand-copy it into my notebook since I don’t have a printer at home, and don’t want to go to the office the day before test day 🙃

2 hours ago, txjennah said:

You are amazing, thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, txjennah said:

Hello friends!   Here is the index for the Schneiter exams!

If anyone has an index to the 80 question NCEES exam they are willing to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Brilliant! Thank you!  My hotel has a business centre with a printer, so i won't need to hand-copy this.  No need to give myself carpal tunnel the day before an 8-hour exam 😆

TAB ALL THE THINGS. PRINT ALL THE THINGS.