References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it and I love it! I have a printed PE handbook too just in case but it’s poorly organized and doesn’t have an index so I don’t think I’m really going to end up using it.

also FWIW I’ve heard (from my PPI professor) there are a lot of errors in the PE handbook and that it needs serious revision.
It's funny you bring that up, someone at SoPE just created and posted an index for the PE Handbook as well as a separate index for all the tables.  I just asked earlier today if said person had any objections if I posted them here.  So far I haven't heard a response but I can't imagine any serious issues.

If there are serious errors in the Handbook they better get it fixed quick, if it's going to be the only reference allowed going forward.  I've already caught a couple of errors in the EERM 3rd Edition, I emailed PPI to notify them but they don't ever send out a response or errata (I mean, why send out an errata when you can just print a new edition and charge a couple hundred for it, right?)

@txjennah @vee043324 @Hockey Eng

I, too, made an index. I doubt it’s as good of quality as the one SoPE made, but it’s better than nothing if the SoPE index doesn’t get shared in time. I went through and indexed the headings in each section.  The index I made is in multiple “parts.” One index that has everything in the manual, and an individual index for each topic in the manual (water, air, solid/haz waste, site assessment and remediation, associated principles)

Link: NCEES Env PE Index

Last edited by a moderator:

I, too, made an index. I doubt it’s as good of quality as the one SoPE made, but it’s better than nothing if the SoPE index doesn’t get shared in time. I went through and indexed the headings in each section.  The index I made is in multiple “parts.” One index that has everything in the manual, and an individual index for each topic in the manual (water, air, solid/haz waste, site assessment and remediation, associated principles)

This is great, thank you so much!

Yours is just as good if not better.

Does anyone have an index for the Schneiter practice exams book that they would be willing to share? Just wanted to check before creating one of my own. 

Does anyone have an index for the Schneiter practice exams book that they would be willing to share? Just wanted to check before creating one of my own. 
Nope, but if you happened to make and share one, I don’t think anyone would object 🙃

I have it and I love it! I have a printed PE handbook too just in case but it’s poorly organized and doesn’t have an index so I don’t think I’m really going to end up using it.

also FWIW I’ve heard (from my PPI professor) there are a lot of errors in the PE handbook and that it needs serious revision.
Did you print the entire FE handbook or only parts of it? AS far as I see all relevant material in the FE handbook is in the PE handbook too. What am I missing? 

Did you print the entire FE handbook or only parts of it? AS far as I see all relevant material in the FE handbook is in the PE handbook too. What am I missing? 
I have the entire FE handbook (the ACTUAL book, i bought it), and then printed and tabbed the PE handbook and have that in a binder. 

i think there is like 85% overlap between the two sources, with the PE handbook having a few random equations here and there that the FE does not have. I'm more familiar with the FE (and prefer flipping through a physical book instead of a binder), so I'm going to resort to PE if I can't find what I need quickly in FE or EERM index. 

there is only one equation that I've found in PE handbook that I believe is missing from FE or EERM, and it's one regarding methanol, DO concentration, and BOD. 

Hey everyone! I will be done with my index for the Schneiter exams sometime this evening, I think.  I'll post the link here when finished.

I was wondering if anyone has an index to the most recent NCEES practice exam; if so, would you mind sharing?

Finally, I think I will leave the FE reference manual at home.  The Schneiter exam book based nearly every problem off of the PE Handbook, so I think I'll feel most comfortable bringing that.

Almost there!!!!  

Hey everyone! I will be done with my index for the Schneiter exams sometime this evening, I think.  I'll post the link here when finished.
Great! I’ll have to hand-copy it into my notebook since I don’t have a printer at home, and don’t want to go to the office the day before test day 🙃

Back