Jump to content
Engineer Boards
​ ​
Fissy

October 2018 Civil Structural PE Exam

Recommended Posts

Having done this last exam with 66% Texas score (unsuccessful attempt) even though I felt greatly prepared with all the review materials and binders I used, I'd say the April 2018 structural (afternoon) exam was a wild devil that focused widely on several unexpected, never seen and laboriously and technically wood, AASHTO, PCI questions et al. with some scanty "regular civil-structural questions" we all can think of wrt NCEES exam guidelines.  This time, In the quest to consolidate as many as possible Civil Structural PE review materials and share knowledge, is there anyone in Houston, TX area seriously willing to co-study for this next exam? Inbox me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 1:09 PM, Fissy said:

Having done this last exam with 66% Texas score (unsuccessful attempt) even though I felt greatly prepared with all the review materials and binders I used, I'd say the April 2018 structural (afternoon) exam was a wild devil that focused widely on several unexpected, never seen and laboriously and technically wood, AASHTO, PCI questions et al. with some scanty "regular civil-structural questions" we all can think of wrt NCEES exam guidelines.  This time, In the quest to consolidate as many as possible Civil Structural PE review materials and share knowledge, is there anyone in Houston, TX area seriously willing to co-study for this next exam? Inbox me. 

Not it Houston, its a 6 hour drive. Think about doing a Facebook Group with members approved by you and posting questions along with problems and images is very helpful. I will be taking the exam in October.  I have tons of study material and will not be taking a course. If you create the group, send me an invite. I have found that for structural depth material there is is only a little help out there that is complete and can serve well. A lot of it is grinding and then one morning you wake up and you get the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hemi79 your suggestion sounds very good. I will create a Facebook Group for the PE - Oct Exam that will focus mainly (80%) on structural PM exam. I had taken a course during the last April exam (AM & PM) was very helpful and thorough though but did little on the PM section of the exam. I have lots of materials too, and have equally bought more practice questions that focus on this PM section but still want a study group and create an environment where we will leave no stone unturned during studies. In fact, a target of 100% members of this group passing this coming exam will be the collective goal of the group members and that is the reason I am seriously agitating for more seriously minded members to join the group. There shall be Rules and regulations which shall be a consensus decision of all members of the group before passing it into law. I think we only need maximum of 5 to 8 members which will be subject to general decision of first few group members. There are still rooms for people who are willing and ready for this to show interest here. Now we are two, when we get any other addition then we will discuss next agenda. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Please include me. I will be taking civil structural in October - 3rd time. Need some motivation and help in getting back on track. 

Very hard to stay motivated when studying alone.

Thanks,
SGA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SGA said:

Hi All,

Please include me. I will be taking civil structural in October - 3rd time. Need some motivation and help in getting back on track. 

Very hard to stay motivated when studying alone.

Thanks,
SGA

Same for me- Failed a second time and really struggling to get back on the wagon.... Real lack of motivation to take it again this fall but know i need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, Hemi79 said:

Not it Houston, its a 6 hour drive. Think about doing a Facebook Group with members approved by you and posting questions along with problems and images is very helpful. I will be taking the exam in October.  I have tons of study material and will not be taking a course. If you create the group, send me an invite. I have found that for structural depth material there is is only a little help out there that is complete and can serve well. A lot of it is grinding and then one morning you wake up and you get the problem. 

I am interested too please let us know as soon as you create the group ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×