October 2018 Civil Structural PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, If I can please be added to the group as well, it would be greatly appreciated 

here is my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/mhooooooooooo

I will also message it to you to be safe

I passed this third attempt guys, way to go!. A big congratulations to all that passed this time too...To those that failed this time, I will encourage never to relent..trust me, it is doable. If anyone needs my help for knowledge and prep materials for future exams do let me know. I will be glad to help.

Best! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fissy,

congradulations. But I failed this time with a score of 29+21=50/80. Could you please help me to pass the exam in April 2019 attempt. My email address is 

[email protected]

thanks 🙏 in advance for your help. Appreciating.

I passed this third attempt guys, way to go!. A big congratulations to all that passed this time too...To those that failed this time, I will encourage never to relent..trust me, it is doable. If anyone needs my help for knowledge and prep materials for future exams do let me know. I will be glad to help.

Best! 
Hi Fissy,

I unfortunately did not pass structural PE this October. Got a score of 49/80. I certainly would appreciate any help you can provide that would help me email: [email protected] . Thanks a lot (in advance) and congrats!!

Hi Fissy,

congradulations. But I failed this time with a score of 29+21=50/80. Could you please help me to pass the exam in April 2019 attempt. My email address is 

[email protected]

thanks 🙏 in advance for your help. Appreciating.
Sorry to hear that the October PE result didn't go the way you have expected. Sincerely, you were just a mark away....guess the cut score was 51. It will be my  pleasure to be part of your success story in April 2019 PE exam. I will in-box you shortly on my gmail account...then we proceed from there.

Hi Fissy,

I unfortunately did not pass structural PE this October. Got a score of 49/80. I certainly would appreciate any help you can provide that would help me email: [email protected] . Thanks a lot (in advance) and congrats!!
@peskipiksi, I will send you too email shortly, I strongly believe believe you too will get a passing grade come April 2019.  

Best! 
Hi Fissy,

Congratulations! I truly respect your strong determination. I think my concern now should be what to focus in studying. Just about 3 months away but I am now already overwhelmed of what I have not reviewed (Structural analysis, Concrete, Steel, not even counting Wood, masonry, and precast concrete and the whole breadth). I feel that it is almost sure that I will not have enough time to do a thorough review. Please advise what topics to focus based on priorities. What is your way to practise problems? Any advice from you will be definitely appreciated. If you have any material to share, my email is [email protected]. Thank you so much for your kind help.

Hi Fissy,

Congratulations! I truly respect your strong determination. I think my concern now should be what to focus in studying. Just about 3 months away but I am now already overwhelmed of what I have not reviewed (Structural analysis, Concrete, Steel, not even counting Wood, masonry, and precast concrete and the whole breadth). I feel that it is almost sure that I will not have enough time to do a thorough review. Please advise what topics to focus based on priorities. What is your way to practise problems? Any advice from you will be definitely appreciated. If you have any material to share, my email is [email protected]. Thank you so much for your kind help.
@Thuy Tran  

It depends. Will April 2019 exam be your first attempt? If yes, then you’ll have to invest serious study time for 3 months you have to prepare. Sincerely, everything as far as NCEES exam guide is concern that you will need to brace yourself with. Based on my three attempts, each exam most especially the PM section differs. In fact, none of the questions were repeated. PE – Structural pm section is very wide in scope and be rest assured that there will be at least one question in masonry, wood, pre-stressed concrete, AASHTO brigde, loads: such as moving loads (influence line method preferably the best method – for calculating max. moments, shear at any point and support reactions), snow, wind, seismic, ice, rain, flood, diaphragms (flexible & rigid), lateral earth pressure, impact loads, load paths, e.t.c. ( I will recommend you get Structural Loads Textbook by David A. Fanella), Structural analysis: such as truss members, retaining wall (sliding & overturning F.O.S), max.&min. soil pressures, determinate and indeterminate beams ( need to know to what degree of indeterminacy or figure out the number of unknowns so as to guide you in choosing the easiest method of analysis like; conjugate beam, Slope-Deflection, consistent force method, three moment equations, moment distribution, and so on.), beam deflections, portal frames: force distribution to columns based on rigidities, stiffnesses, and or force – displacement compatibility e.t.c, axial stresses, shear stresses, bending stresses, torsional stresses, combined stresses say axial & bending or bending & torsional or bending & shear as the case maybe, Designs for (shear, axial, flexure, deflections, steel beam bearing e.t.c):  steel and RC for beams, columns, column base plates, concrete bearing strengths, composite structures, anchor bolts capacities, spread footings (isolated and combined), piles,  e.t.c.

Hey, I just mentioned some common area of questions I can think of. THESE ARE NOT ALL A.O.C., You will need to practice as much as possible questions before the exam. All these are just for afternoon questions only. I will send you some materials (AM and PM) I have. Wishing you all the best in the April 2019 exam.

@FissyThank you so much Fissy. Yes, it will be my 1st attempt. The scope of the test is so intimidating. Your shared experience is so valuable. I am really stuck in structural analysis (esp. indeterminate methods that you just said) and it seems that I can't move on. Do they ask about  special topics (fatige, thermal deformation, progressive collapse etc) as mentioned in the Specs? I will do my best and if I have any further questions, I will ask you. Thanks much, again 🙂

@FissyThank you so much Fissy. Yes, it will be my 1st attempt. The scope of the test is so intimidating. Your shared experience is so valuable. I am really stuck in structural analysis (esp. indeterminate methods that you just said) and it seems that I can't move on. Do they ask about  special topics (fatige, thermal deformation, progressive collapse etc) as mentioned in the Specs? I will do my best and if I have any further questions, I will ask you. Thanks much, again 🙂
@Thuy TranYou are welcomed. Yes, special topic questions as you have mentioned are more likely too. it could be one to two line equations to get them solved or  may be conceptual. 

Back