Jump to content
Engineer Boards
​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
GR8 PLUMENG

The wait is killing me

Recommended Posts

This is my 3rd time taking this test, so I know that the results will not be posted until at least the 2nd week of May, based on historical trends. But every morning, as a routine, I log into myNCEES.ORG, sign in,  hoping to see the results posted. 

Am I the only one doing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is my 3rd time taking this test, so I know that the results will not be posted until at least the 2nd week of May, based on historical trends. But every morning, as a routine, I log into myNCEES.ORG, sign in,  hoping to see the results posted. 
Am I the only one doing this? 
Yes. I agree, the wait is excruciating. I won't login until NCEES or/and Texas Board of Professional Engineers comunicate about the results being released.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GR8 PLUMENG said:

This is my 3rd time taking this test, so I know that the results will not be posted until at least the 2nd week of May, based on historical trends. But every morning, as a routine, I log into myNCEES.ORG, sign in,  hoping to see the results posted. 

Am I the only one doing this? 

My first time, but the wait is going to be long. You are not the only one in this. Maybe 3 more weeks, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I'm right there with you brother... and this isn't my first time at the rodeo either. I remember last year they released the results days before the Memorial Day weekend so hoping for a different outcome this time. I felt very prepared for the exam and did so many practice problems, some of them several times over to make sure I undersood the concepts. 

Good luck to you, and like @cfm03 I won't be logging in to my account until I get the official notification...stay positive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GR8 PLUMENG, @cfm03, @emmajuwa, @jvanoye

You are all not alone. One way to pass the time is to head over to the "games" section of the website and participate in the time honored tradition of "spam." It's a waste of time and nothing really gets accomplished. But all the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool right?

Here the link: http://engineerboards.com/topic/30334-april-2018-15k-spam-thread/

Rules have been suspended (for now). 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, matt267 PE said:

@GR8 PLUMENG, @cfm03, @emmajuwa, @jvanoye

You are all not alone. One way to pass the time is to head over to the "games" section of the website and participate in the time honored tradition of "spam." It's a waste of time and nothing really gets accomplished. But all the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool right?

Here the link: http://engineerboards.com/topic/30334-april-2018-15k-spam-thread/

Rules have been suspended (for now). 

 

Haha... let me check that out now...thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh yes, the wait is awful! I left feeling relatively okay, but the more time that’s passed, the more I’ve second guessed everything. My most distressing thought of late is “what if I skipped a bubble somewhere on my answer sheet and all my answers were one problem off?!” Unlikely, but still...

2nd week on May would be great, I wasn't expecting to see anything til at least the end of the 3rd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wait is agonizing, but i my expectation this third time is that I think i finally passed.  I'm waiting on results to confirm it, and i have not had nightmares about failing yet.  Its a weird feeling, because I have to wait a year if I don't pass.  I'm definitely not going to study anymore until next year anyway.  So far I've logged into NCEES twice.  I have started to spend more time in the spam thread that Matt267 referred to.  Its not as fun with only a handful of people participating at the moment.  Hopefully in a week or so things will ramp up.  I really enjoyed the spam thread in the past, because it helped relieve the stress waiting on results (good or bad).  I know I will drink heavily once we start seeing the "fake" result threads beginning of May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mckenz007 said:

Ugh yes, the wait is awful! I left feeling relatively okay, but the more time that’s passed, the more I’ve second guessed everything. My most distressing thought of late is “what if I skipped a bubble somewhere on my answer sheet and all my answers were one problem off?!” Unlikely, but still...

2nd week on May would be great, I wasn't expecting to see anything til at least the end of the 3rd!

Dude, I had the same fear.  I walked out feeling pretty good about the test. Now the more I think about it, am second guessing all my answers. Did i miss read the problem? Did I fall for the trap they set with the trick questions? On the test, I actually bubbled the wrong answer once, and caught it during review. So am thinking what if I did the same for all the questions. 

I wish the was a way to pay and get there results faster. I would pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had been thinking about a question on the exam and was debating whether or not I did it right. I just confirmed I made a mistake and got the wrong answer. And then of course fell for the trap of a wrong answer. Man it is so depressing to know you missed an easy point. I even had an example I could have looked at to confirm. Apparently just didn't think about looking or was pressed on time. Idk. Very frustrating...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GR8 PLUMENG said:

Dude, I had the same fear.  I walked out feeling pretty good about the test. Now the more I think about it, am second guessing all my answers. Did i miss read the problem? Did I fall for the trap they set with the trick questions? On the test, I actually bubbled the wrong answer once, and caught it during review. So am thinking what if I did the same for all the questions. 

I wish the was a way to pay and get there results faster. I would pay. 

I thought the same thing. A "pay for services" to expedite the grading without any questions thrown out. I'd pay. I noticed there is an option to pay for your exam to be scored by hand as a double check if you'd like, and you have to pay for this as well. Maybe you can just opt for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd week of may!? Are they really released that soon? Why was I thinking that it took 8-10 weeks for results to be released?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kloeb222 said:

2nd week of may!? Are they really released that soon? Why was I thinking that it took 8-10 weeks for results to be released?!

It's actually 6 to 8 weeks....and I'm thinking it'll be the week of 05/21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd week of may!? Are they really released that soon? Why was I thinking that it took 8-10 weeks for results to be released?!
Release on steroids...it is not in ncees' mo to do that. No incentives whatsoever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017, the exams were given on  April 21 and October 27th. The results were released on May 21st and December 5th, respectively (NYS).

So if the trend is followed, we are looking at the week of May 21st. Yeah, not the second week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mongolianbbq said:

I feel you brother. I also am waiting to hear back from an interview I just had. Double the anxiety! 

Good luck on both. Hope you told them you are a PE in the making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things that makes it especially agonizing is feeling like I did really well, but fearing that my confidence is in vain. At least if I felt like I failed, but a failing result would be the expectation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an entire section of this forum dedicated to this sort of discussion.  This area is really for test prep questions. @knight1fox3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing the same thing, even I will only see Result Pending. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure it will be at least a full month from now, if not more, so I don’t feel the need to drive myself insane checking Ncees. I figure it’ll get posted here anyway when they start getting released. Besides, I’m pretty sure I got an  email when my FE results got posted.

I do wonder if they update the stats on the website of % of test takers who passed, before or after they individually release results. 

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

Edited by Surf and Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, hmm in my case, busy at work and I like to drink wine at night and play video games so I didn't really feel checking ncees..whats killing me though is my itchy hands to get the PE seal. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Surf and Snow said:

I’m sure it will be at least a full month from now, if not more, so I don’t feel the need to drive myself insane checking Ncees. I figure it’ll get posted here anyway when they start getting released. Besides, I’m pretty sure I got an  email when my FE results got posted.

I do wonder if they update the stats on the website of % of test takers who passed, before or after they individually release results. 

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

Typically after... and not the first day if I remember right since all states don't release the same day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took on October and did the same as you said everyday. Finally day came and the result was out. Time will go on. All the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×