Best Board to take the Structural Engineering Exam - Page 2 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
PPI ​ ​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
mpeper

Best Board to take the Structural Engineering Exam

7 minutes ago, CAPLS said:

Well since you and I are discussing the engineer license, I don’t believe how any other professional license is bestowed has any relevance. 

We were never discussing engineering licenses. When did our conversation strictly address this? You seem confused.

You replied to a comment i made about me not understanding why one would need board approval to simply take a test and I later mentioned no other board besides engineering does this.

hint: the topic of my statement was "board approval for examination" not "engineering licensure"

Edited by sayed

7 hours ago, CAPLS said:

Well since you and I are discussing the engineer license, I don’t believe how any other professional license is bestowed has any relevance. 

As much as this guy seems to like to argue, maybe he should look into bar exams instead of engineering

11 hours ago, sayed said:

We were never discussing engineering licenses. When did our conversation strictly address this? You seem confused.

You replied to a comment i made about me not understanding why one would need board approval to simply take a test and I later mentioned no other board besides engineering does this.

hint: the topic of my statement was "board approval for examination" not "engineering licensure"

No disrespect intended, but we are talking about licenses.  A person doesn't apply to take an exam.  This is a common misunderstanding.  The exams are solely a tool used by the licensing boards to measure minimum competence of those individuals that are seeking a license.  The ONLY reason why NCEES registration allows individuals to register for an exam without the individual going through the licensing board is because each of those licensing boards has specifically authorized NCEES to do that.  NCEES is operating in collaboration with the licensing boards.  Some boards require applications for licensure to be submitted and the qualifications deemed qualifying prior to allowing an individual to sit for an exam or exams.  Other boards are fine with allowing individuals to sit for exams prior to submitting an application for licensure.  You can try all you want to separate the two, but you're arguing against the facts.

4 hours ago, thedaywa1ker said:

As much as this guy seems to like to argue, maybe he should look into bar exams instead of engineering

Too busy educating people on engineering licensure and exams.  But, should I decide to do that in the future, would you be a reference for my legal qualifications?

2 minutes ago, CAPLS said:

Too busy educating people on engineering licensure and exams.  But, should I decide to do that in the future, would you be a reference for my legal qualifications?

Haha.  My comment wasn't directed at you FYI, but I see how quoting you instead of Sayed would be confusing

Edited by thedaywa1ker

On 4/24/2018 at 9:24 AM, Mr. Bean said:

I took the SE exam in NY because I live here.  With a NY PE license, all you have to do is send the board an email with your name,  SS# and NYS license number asking for permission to take the SE exam.  I got my approval in 15 minutes.  Literally...

Good afternoon. What benefits do you realize by having an SE in NY? Or is it just something your employer encouraged? 

I'm taking the test in Michigan, I don't expect a lot of people to be there.  

Michigan doesn't recognize the SE … yet.  

I work for a company that recently went through some layoffs, and having the SE license (likely from Illinois), will give me more options in the future in case I have to relocate.  There are also companies in MI that I'd work for that do out of state work that require SE in those states.  So the folks getting all up in arms over a particular state and whether or not the SE is recognized in that state need to just settle down and worry about themselves.  Even if someone works in a state that doesn't recognize it, and they have no plans to move, I'd still be impressed and proud of that accomplishment.