Which Depth to choose?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEseeker

Reaction score
Hi,

All my life experience is in structural design, however, because I work for the worst state government DOT I have been very limited in design and definitely has a very limited structural knowledge. Should I take the structural exam ow should I take the water resources which I have no clue about but has the highest passing rates?

Thanks for any help in advance

You should take the exam that best matches your education and experience. The WRE may have a high pass rate, but that doesn't mean it'll be easier for you. Chech the ncees exam outlines to see what fits you best.

You should take the exam that best matches your education and experience. The WRE may have a high pass rate, but that doesn't mean it'll be easier for you. Chech the ncees exam outlines to see what fits you best.
I'm very grateful to you for your time and efforts.

Good luck on the exam. Let us know how you make out.

I second structural. Also may be biased. Do lots of practice problems. Studying structural will help you learn for future too so definitely don't switch directions. 

Ignore historical pass rates.  I would imagine they intend for all the exams to be of approximately equal difficulty.  It's a fools errand trying to chase the "easiest" test path.  Just do whichever depth module you think you are best suited for.

Back