Engineer Boards
​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
trees

NJ PE comity

Has any one done this recently? I know I can contact the state board for the information. I did send an email but did not receive response for several weeks. My question is I applied the NJ PE comity and submitted the application form. Received the application number and asked NCEES to submit my NCEES Records. Do I need to do anything after that? I saw somewhere mentioned that NJ only accepts the exams and degree verifications. Is that true? Thanks.

See posts below with some similar experiences.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=23683

So, I finally get my NCEES Record number after months of pestering coworkers for references and sending in forms only to find out that the first state I need comity licensure doesn't use the record.

C'mon New Jersey what gives...

I am going through the NCEES Record right now as well, very painful/slow. Luckily I was originally licensed in NJ

Update on my NCEES Record chronicles:

May 2014:
Results released.

June-August, 2014:
Submit NJ Law exam, get license number, life happens.

September 2014:
Submit NCEES Records Application. Contact NJ Board to release confirmation that I am licensed in NJ and to send my score to NCEES [side rant - why does NCEES need NJ to confirm my score!?]

October-December, 2014:
NCEES Records has NJ items listed as "verification(s) not yet received".
NCEES Records Instructions: "Emailed NJ for corrected verification. 11/3/14 & 12/2/14"

I call, email and re-snail mail the forms to NJ. I receive the following email from the NJ Board:
"Our records show that on 10/21/14 & 12/22/14, we sent verification reports to NCEES at their Clemson, SC address on both occasions, as you requested from the mailed correspondence we received from you on 10/17/14 and from the email you sent to our office dated 12/17/14.

We also received your email regarding the same subject on 1/5/15. I will send the verifications again, this third time around. Please advise if you require further assistance."

So it appears NCEES is the issue, not NJ!!

January 2015:
I forward this email to NCEES Records and I receive this email:
"As of Friday’s mail this has not been received; we emailed NJ on 11/3 and 12/2 for a corrected verification; you can check your application status later this week to see if it comes in the postal mail."

I am doomed to F5 NCEES again!

Today
NCEES Records Instructions: "Verification rec'd from NJ still incorrect; emailed again on 1/13/15"

So full of rage.

My previous conclusion that NCEES is to blame and not NJ has been debunked!

I received comity in NJ ... very long process with lots of paperwork. However, i did not have a NCEES record. After approval you need to take a NJ law exam before they will issue a license. I think overall it took 5 months +/- where my MD comity only took 2.

Thanks. My PA PE comity only took one month. It seems NJ PE comity will be a long journey for me.

I'm currently in process with NJ. They only partially accept the NCEES record and requires professional references resubmitted on their form.

Joe, I am working on the NJ PE comity too. I submitted my aplication form and NCEES records. Do you mean I have to resubmit the professional reference forms? Anything esle?

They should send you a letter once they've processed your application, but you will need to have your professional references resubmitted on their forms. I don't believe that you'll need to do anything else. I called the board to ask questions since the letter wasn't specific and they were helpful.

Joe,

Thanks. I did receive a letter after I submitted my application. I didn't think I need to resubmit the PE reference forms that time since I have NCEES records. I just downloaded the form and will resubimt these soon.

No problem. I didn't see any reference to NCEES on the letter which prompted calling them. On Michigan's response letter for example, they specifically mentioned submitting the NCEES record.

Thanks for the website. I did register and the status didn't change since they received my application. I have NCEES records and the education verification. These information should be in the state now but nothing changed in my status. I would say the website is bascally useless.