iOS 7.0 - not impressed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
So the newest iPhone is out which of course means a new iOS upgrade (no, I did not by a new iPhone) and so I'm like a neurotic control freak when it comes to the red icons with numbers in them on my phone, I simply can't have that on my phone, so I installed the upgrade last night.

I really wish I had a more recent backup of my iPhone because I'm totally hating iOS 7.0. It's not just the look and feel of it, it's the change from Google to bing in the Internet browser app, the weird blips and bleeps I've been hearing all day and other stuff.

Why oh why do software engineers find it necessary to go changing everything every six months, what's wrong with a timeless classic approach to software design, keep the shit basically the same but upgrade the bugs out and add features don't replace features. Argggghhhh, Apple, why must thee smite me?

I was a little but insincere in my initial post... It really is mostly the look and feel that I don't like.

One positive comment I've got is that you can send multiple pictures in text or email at a time now , that's kind of cool, and apparently I can now FaceTime without having to be connected to wifi, so those are two good changes.

I think it's more of a apple versus google war than a software issue... Last upgrade a while back try took google off the default map and it sucked ass for a while...

Does 7.0 have a psychedelic look to it? I was at AT&T store today looking at some stuff and I noticed the iPhones on display had the most hideous colors and general display to them..

I'm sure apple will eventually force the upgrade but thanks for the heads up! I will hold out as long as I can!

The search engine is Bing??! I haven't upgraded to 7 yet, and now maybe I won't - I haven't heard much good about it. (though the multiple pictures is a good thing)

I want to hate the iPhone but it is so damn useful. I honest to god use it to:

Check account balances

Transfer funds

Deposit checks

Listen to podcasts

Read the news

Find yelp reviews

Find restaurants, movies, etc

Get directions to new locations

Track my sons Cub Scout achievements

Email people at work, the army, and for personal email

Watch videos

Play games

Check the weather

Take pictures

Send messages to my wife

Check my calendar

Spam Internet forums

And something else, what was it... Hmmmm... Oh yeah make and answer telephone calls.

I contemplated switching to samsung but I have just too much damn money in music at this point, i am sure there is a fix for that but who has the time...

Back