iOS 7.0 - not impressed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apple-skull-bones_med.jpeg

I love my droid :)
What she said
:thumbs: And soon to be custom Android operating system. ;)

TracFone FTMFW!
i love my flip phone
^^ If I didn't have the Crackberry from work, I'd still be sporting my flip phone.
I actually miss my crackberry... I really considered going back this past upgrade because I dislike touch screen only
:facepalm: :facepalm:

I dropped my entire iTunes library into my Amazon cloud and listen to it on my droid. I'm now pissed off when I have to go into iTunes to update an ipod.

I contemplated switching to samsung but I have just too much damn money in music at this point, i am sure there is a fix for that but who has the time...

That's how they try to hook you, with their proprietary crap. Fapple.

I have a $150 samsung that does everything I want it to. It's not the fastest and it doesn't have the biggest display around, but it sure beats apple in this segment, since they don't even have a product in this segment.

Droid FTW.

I will avoid buying anything apple as long as I absolutely can.

My wife has an iPhone and went through the update over the weekend. She is now counting down the days until she can trade it in on a Samsung...

I couldn't resist the temptation and upgraded My i5 to the iOs7. There are some really cool improvements (picture albums, swipe up notification center) but I already have a long list of bugs that I personally have found:

1) The battery life is much less

2) EVERY time on EVERY app it tells me to activate Push notifications. I cant find out how to turn that off

3) Sportcenter locks up because of #2 above

4) Find my iphone ap is screwy and wont do anything.

5) Imessage wont engage because its waiting for activation (activation of what?)

6) yes the icons are very "childish" looking.

I upgraded the wifes i4 last night and it didn't like it. I finally got the update but she lost a playlist or two and her apps are all screwy.

Moral of the story: Do not upgrade to this yet. Give them a few weeks to get the bugs out.

^ that's what I did last year when they came out with the totally f'd up apple maps.

I dropped my entire iTunes library into my Amazon cloud and listen to it on my droid. I'm now pissed off when I have to go into iTunes to update an ipod.

reading this just provided a solution to a long term problem I have been struggling with. I heard music from the sky above. My only problem is while I am fairly indifferent to itunes... I am slowly turning against Amazon... (it's not easy to do, however I am purchases less physical products from there anyway)...

Samsung Galaxy S4 is the roxxor.

And I've heard from a few people now that battery life has declined with the iOs7 update. I can typically go 2 full days on a charge with my S4. And that's with using maps, surfing the web/FB, and a few calls here and there. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like iOS7. I haven't had any issues with the upgrade. My work phone is a droid and I absolutely hate it compared to my iPhone. I have heard that it's one of the crappiest droids available tho. To each their own.

I actually really like iOS7. I haven't had any issues with the upgrade. My work phone is a droid and I absolutely hate it compared to my iPhone. I have heard that it's one of the crappiest droids available tho. To each their own.

No, you have the same droid as me I think. It is not crappy, it's wonderful. Perhaps the 10% rule applies here and that is why you dislike it?

^ it's really amazing what that phone is capable of. Even being able to measure the barometric pressure. LOL

I shattered the screen on my phone this morning (HTC Evo 4g). Not sure if I will do the $35 replacement screen off of ebay, or finally pull the trigger and upgrade to the S4...

^^^ most cell companies call them "devices" now, although with everyone's addiction to them they are actually a "vice"...

Hate the look of the new OS, their goofy window transitions look choppy, battery life is roughly 2/3 of what it used to be (just checking email and Facebook, I can barely get through a work day).

When it comes time for me to upgrade after my two years (I can't be that far out), I'm ditching it. The only benefit is that it will run several apps on the DVD player in my truck, so it can interface with Pandora and Waze, but I think I can at least stream Pandora with a Samsung or equivalent through aux input or USB.

I heard on Fox News this morning that the new update is causing motion sickness.

I am still waiting for the all clear signal to update mine.

Latest posts

Back