Afternoon exam - what do I need to study?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickjohannes

Engineer of the Black Arts
Reaction score
Stuck in the east, but missing the midwest.
I've been plugging along through Lindeburg's FE Review Manual. The deadline to decide what afternoon session I will take is approaching, and I feel like Lindeburg's book is not going to fully prepare me for the afternoon Mechanical session. Would anyone else agree?

Though my background is Mechanical, I have been out of school for 6 years and feel that my preparation using the Lindeburg book are geared more towards the General afternoon session. Would anyone agree with this as well? If I need to study additional material for the General afternoon session, please make recommendations as well.

I understand that I will eventually have to dive back into the mechanical studies to pass the PE, but that is in October 2014 for me assuming I pass the FE this October or upcoming spring.

The exam contents/outline for whatever section you decide to take is posted on the NCEES website.

I took Civil afternoon and can say that Lindeburg doesn’t not cover pm.. maybe just few little aspects. It is pretty useful for am session.

If you pick General foe pm, you might be ok with Lindeburg but I won’t limit your study materials to this book only.

I also used and found it very helpful for me – www.eitexam.com – plenty of material for am and pm sessions on any module you pick.

Good luck!

Lindeburg's book is great when you have enough time to study. You will get many practice questions in this book that are not even close to what's on the exam. I took the Civil in the afternoon, but simply because I was familiar with the structure, surveying, and the management sections. However, I believe everybody gets the management questions. NOt sure. When I took testmasters the saying was that a question in the morning section took 3 steps and if you took the general in the PM then it would a very similar question but with an extra step.

Good Luck!

Back