Engineer Boards
​ ​
Dleg

Movie thread

watched toy story 3 this weekend...while it had some funny parts, it was probably the saddest movie I've seen in a long time.

do you mean sad as "emotionally sad" or sad as in you thought it sucked? I thought it was pretty good. I liked all the TS movies.

emotionally sad. I was on the verge of tears couple times.

watched toy story 3 this weekend...while it had some funny parts, it was probably the saddest movie I've seen in a long time.

do you mean sad as "emotionally sad" or sad as in you thought it sucked? I thought it was pretty good. I liked all the TS movies.

emotionally sad. I was on the verge of tears couple times.

^ but that's what movies are supposed to do...move you...sometimes to tears...sometimes to laughs.

I saw The King's Speech on 2/13 (sorry, I've been busy). I thought it was excellent, and I expect it to do very well on Sunday (Oscar night).

We were out to see Unknown with Liam Neison last weekend. It was awful. People in the audience were actually groaning at parts.

People in the audience were actually groaning at parts.

No shame in groaning when certain parts are involved!

I think somebody mentioned the new Tron movie. Watched the Haji copy last night. The copy wasn't too bad...only one guy walking through the picture on his way to the bathroom...but the movie itself was pretty bad.

We were out to see Unknown with Liam Neison last weekend. It was awful. People in the audience were actually groaning at parts.

Sounds like every Liam Neison movie ever.

Schindler's list?

Schindler's list?

I will give him a pass on Schindler's List, Gangs of New York, and the Simpsons.

Saw Dickie Roberts, Child Star this weekend. Was I the only one that found the tryout dance scene...umm...uncomfortably inappropriate?

I heard the Hall Pass was pretty bad, I imagine the 3 funny parts have already been on the Commercials?

I heard the Hall Pass was pretty bad, I imagine the 3 funny parts have already been on the Commercials?

It was ok

I'm not an Owen Wilson fan

There is also frontal male nudity

It was ok

I think i just heard the sound of VT rushing to the theater...

:P

It was ok

a la forgetting sarah marshal type frontal male nudity?

It was ok

as opposed to Boogie Nights type frontal male nudity? :huh:

It was ok

Yes

I actually watched 3 movies over the weekend:

Black Swan - Don't get all the Oscar hype...maybe I'm just not artsy enough...or don't understand psychos

Hall Pass - Up/Down type movie...had some funny parts and had dull parts

Memento - Maybe didn't help that my wife kept interrupting about how annoyed she was with how the movie was done (reverse chronological/forward chronological) and we stopped and started three times so she could watch the oscars. Also maybe I'm not smart enough to get the full meaning.

Memento - Maybe didn't help that my wife kept interrupting about how annoyed she was with how the movie was done (reverse chronological/forward chronological) and we stopped and started three times so she could watch the oscars. Also maybe I'm not smart enough to get the full meaning.

Memento is a friking awesome movie, but it's definitely one you should watch without distractions.

Not a movie, but those of you with Netflix will appreciate the HBO series "Party Down." It's about a bunch of actors/comedians who join a catering service as their day job. Plenty of appearances from some of the more popular current-day comedians/actors, along with a ton of "where do I know that guy from" kind of moments.

I watched The Runaways on Netflix last night. Is Dakota Fanning legal yet? If not, ignore that last question. The movie was decent, sort of your typical rock stars get famous, get on drugs and have a falling out movie.

Is Dakota Fanning legal yet? If not, ignore that last question.

chris_hansen.jpg

She just turned 17 according to IMDB. So...it depends on the state.

She just turned 17 according to IMDB. So...it depends on the state.

She was so obnoxious as a childhood actor, I'm not sure even I could tolerate that.

Hansen should set up a stakeout at this girl's house:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324620

I did the "guess how old" game with my wife and she said 24.

I'm pretty sure a Team Glock competition shooter can take care of herself, no matter how young she is or how old she looks.

Hansen should set up a stakeout at this girl's house:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324620

I did the "guess how old" game with my wife and she said 24.

I'm pretty sure a Team Glock competition shooter can take care of herself, no matter how young she is or how old she looks.

Is she wearing a pushup holster?