Chat with NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prototype1906

Reaction score
I tried logging into my NCEES account today and after I couldn't get in, I decided to use the chat feature. Here is what I was told

me: Have scores for the October PE Exam been released. I went into the login status for my GA exam but have been unable to get in.

Just a moment...

Support Agent: Please try again later, there is a lot of traffic on the website right now.

me: I will...are the results now available?

Support Agent: only FE

me: is there a timeline for the pe results, will they be available before Christmas

Support Agent: within a week or two..not before Christmas

me: thank you

So in other words they are saying...have a Merry Christmas but leave us alone....

I tried logging into my NCEES account today and after I couldn't get in, I decided to use the chat feature. Here is what I was told
me: Have scores for the October PE Exam been released. I went into the login status for my GA exam but have been unable to get in.

Just a moment...

Support Agent: Please try again later, there is a lot of traffic on the website right now.

me: is there a timeline for the pe results, will they be available before Christmas

So in other words they are saying...have a Merry Christmas but leave us alone....
They are the same people who said all results will be posted only in the next 2 weeks but they already released the FE results today. They might release PE tommorrow. With NCEES, nothing can be believed.

Just a moment...

They are the same people who said all results will be posted only in the next 2 weeks but they already released the FE results today. They might release PE tommorrow. With NCEES, nothing can be believed.

I dunno, "not before Xmas" sounds pretty definitive to me. I hope they're out tomorrow but chances are it won't be until next week. Oh well. Waited this damn long what's another week.

I remeber that my FE result in NY is about 1 daysor more later than the PE result coming out. This is so fair to us. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know of anyone who contacted NCEES concerning the release date of the FE? Did they give them the same response even though they were released before Christmas? Just curious...would give me some hope.

FE have more people taking the exam, take on Saturday (which is one day later than the PE), and more questions than the PE. I don't know why the FE have result even faster than the PE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FE have more people taking the exam, take on Saturday (which is one day later than the PE), and more questions than the PE. I don't know why the FE have result even faster than the PE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
What I have learned from this is that NCEES doesn't have a reason or at least one they give us for doing what they do. Trying to figure out what day our scores are coming is pretty much like trying to figure out the cut score.

I don't think they are delibrately holding out on us. I do wish the whole process was more transparent.

me: hi

Just a moment...

Support Agent: Hello, welcome to exam registration support. How can I help you?

me: yeah

would you please let me know on the status of NY PE results?

Support Agent: we are hoping PE results will be out this week

me: well could you please tell me if NCEES sent the results to NY PE board for validation or not?

Support Agent: we have not sent any PE results to any boards yet

me: so that means you expect NCEES sending the results to NY PE board by this week and then you do not know how soon NY will validate the results and then us examinees will receive the results..

Support Agent: correct

me: ok thanks for your help

have a good day

me: hi
Just a moment...

Support Agent: Hello, welcome to exam registration support. How can I help you?

me: yeah

would you please let me know on the status of NY PE results?

Support Agent: we are hoping PE results will be out this week

me: well could you please tell me if NCEES sent the results to NY PE board for validation or not?

Support Agent: we have not sent any PE results to any boards yet

me: so that means you expect NCEES sending the results to NY PE board by this week and then you do not know how soon NY will validate the results and then us examinees will receive the results..

Support Agent: correct

me: ok thanks for your help

have a good day
from the TN board, they say once they receive the results, it will take another week or two for them to process, then send out to us, the waiting continues..........

The Idaho Board said they will notify everyone by email either the day they get results from NCEES or by the next day, at the latest. There's a chance all 45 of us in Idaho will know this year...

The Idaho Board said they will notify everyone by email either the day they get results from NCEES or by the next day, at the latest. There's a chance all 45 of us in Idaho will know this year...

I'm so jealous, TN doesn't do e-mail only the snail variety :brickwall:

I'm so jealous, TN doesn't do e-mail only the snail variety :brickwall:
I guess it has something to do with the very small number of examinees in Idaho.

No matter what, the waiting is the hardest part...

I know that NCEES is going to say that they are not late but seriously this isn't good customer service, it would be one thing if we weren't paying out of our own pocket to take this exam but we are, so we as the consumer have rights. I wish there was a better alternative to NCEES.

Just had this chat with NCEES:

me: Good morning!

Any chance of the PE results being released to the state boards today?

Thanks,

(my name)

Support Agent: we hope sometime this week

me: Will all results go out at the same time, or state by state as they are ready?

Support Agent: state by state

Hello, welcome to exam registration support. How can I help you?

me: Alphabetically? By number of examinees? Not trying to be difficult, just hoping Idaho is somewhere near the top of the list, somehow...

Support Agent: Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected.

As much as I find their responses frustrating, I honestly don't think pestering the NCEES for our results is helping either of us at all.

Look, we're on the ninth week of the waiting period. Let's give NCEES a break from this chat harassment and let them do their job (even if they do it slowly.) I'm certain the NCEES is just as frustrated as we are, not for just trying to get the results released to us, but rather from the constant pestering they have to deal with from us.

My chat with NCEES....

me: Any word on when NY will recieve the PE results? Thanks

Just a moment...

me: ?

Support Agent: we hope sometime this week

me: does this mean we will get an email from you telling us to check our account? Or does this mean they will be released to the state this week?

Support Agent: to the state and you will receive a email when they are ready

me: so I guess today could be counted out for results

Support Agent: yes

Back