10 Days Left, Concerns?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CtrlAltDelete

Reaction score
With 10 days left, what are your main concerns?

Hotel= Booked

Exam Site= Entrance Letter Printed, maped on google earth.

References= Each Tabbed and purchased "dolly" with file box to transport

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

6)Misc. Transportation Resources (Green Book, HCM, MUTCD, Pavement Design)

Breakfast= Dunkin D's Muchkins

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%

I'm not sure that Chipotle is perhaps the greatest idea the night before spending all day somewhere with limited bathroom access...

I'm not sure that Chipotle is perhaps the greatest idea the night before spending all day somewhere with limited bathroom access...
Very True, I have been debating about this for awhile. Where I live there is no chipotle, so it is quite the treat, however I do belive you are 100% right. Probably should save chipotle for the after test meal.

Very True, I have been debating about this for awhile. Where I live there is no chipotle, so it is quite the treat, however I do belive you are 100% right. Probably should save chipotle for the after test meal.

Good idea. Chipotle and a couple victory beers in the hotel room is a great celebratory combo after the exam.

Good idea. Chipotle and a couple victory beers in the hotel room is a great celebratory combo after the exam.
what about pills the night before exam? do you take it ? what kind ?

I went to an Indian restaurant near the motel where I stayed the night before the exam and felt fine. Just don't eat a meal of stuff you aren't used to having and you should be fine with whatever you have.

If you're staying the night somewhere, see if you can drive by the exam site the evening before the test. Scope out the parking situation and be familiar with the area so you don't have problems on exam day. Parking was nearly non-existent where I took it, so I got there early and got a good spot on the street.

I don't plan to take any pills the night before for fear that effect may last into the next day.

I went to an Indian restaurant near the motel where I stayed the night before the exam and felt fine. Just don't eat a meal of stuff you aren't used to having and you should be fine with whatever you have.
If you're staying the night somewhere, see if you can drive by the exam site the evening before the test. Scope out the parking situation and be familiar with the area so you don't have problems on exam day. Parking was nearly non-existent where I took it, so I got there early and got a good spot on the street.
Very good point about the parking. I am concerned since the test in located at the Miami Fairgrounds and Circus. We are suppose to park at gate 3.

http://www.fairexpo.com/thefair/

what about pills the night before exam? do you take it ? what kind ?
Ecstasy the night before sounds like a great idea... nothing like a serotonin crash to make you feel like sitting in an exam room for 8 hours straight. Any kind will do, but get them from sombody you know... not worth the risk of ending up with mescaline and having to chase the bubbles around the exam sheet as you try to fill them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear the brown acid circulating around the parking lot is a nice little pick me up at lunch time, until the bubbles on the exam sheet gang up on you around 2 PM and start taunting you.

What about lunch?
this is a significant concern. You want something quick so you don't have to find a sandwich shop and hope you can order, eat, and get back in time. At my test, the local Au bon Pain was there at registration taking lunch orders which they then brought back to the test site at break time. I personally brought my own lunch, this service seemed like a good idea to me.

I got a real late start on studying and just had my first child 6 months ago. My Fiance is going to school full time at night, so.... i have been studying at 5:00 am for an hour, sneaking in 2 hours at work, and trying to get another hour at night when she sleeping.

So i will be studying up till the second to last day. Then driving to Orlando from saint Petersburg the morning of the exam at about 4 am. Drinking about 15 cups of coffee along the way...

I got a real late start on studying and just had my first child 6 months ago. My Fiance is going to school full time at night, so.... i have been studying at 5:00 am for an hour, sneaking in 2 hours at work, and trying to get another hour at night when she sleeping.
So i will be studying up till the second to last day. Then driving to Orlando from saint Petersburg the morning of the exam at about 4 am. Drinking about 15 cups of coffee along the way...
I recommend holding off on coffee right before the exam. Your brain will be reeling with excitement solving those problems at 6 minutes per. You won't need coffee to add to the adrenaline.

I remember drinking coffee right before the EIT exam and it was the worst thing I could have done.

Good luck!

What about lunch?
this is a significant concern. You want something quick so you don't have to find a sandwich shop and hope you can order, eat, and get back in time. At my test, the local Au bon Pain was there at registration taking lunch orders which they then brought back to the test site at break time. I personally brought my own lunch, this service seemed like a good idea to me.
I had a cooler in my car with a sandwich and cold drinks. You don't exactly have a lot to choose from in Northfield, VT.

I did overhear a couple of people that really had to scramble to find something. I did hit a chocolate shop at lunchtime to buy a peace offering for my eventual wife, for putting up with my crap for 4 months.

PB&J sandwich and banana for lunch.

Good luck to everyone.

Keep smiling :) ...imagine all the massive exercise our brain is gonna get in those 2 days!!

Remember to remind yourself why you are giving the exam and why it is important to you, everything else will fall in place.

'I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul' - William Ernest Henley

Last edited by a moderator:
Back