10 Days Left, Concerns?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a real late start on studying and just had my first child 6 months ago. My Fiance is going to school full time at night, so.... i have been studying at 5:00 am for an hour, sneaking in 2 hours at work, and trying to get another hour at night when she sleeping.
So i will be studying up till the second to last day. Then driving to Orlando from saint Petersburg the morning of the exam at about 4 am. Drinking about 15 cups of coffee along the way...
Easy, there. I still think no study day before is okay. And, ease up on the coffee the night before. REally, the adrenaline will keep you hyped up. You need a good night's sleep.

Good luck.

I got a real late start on studying and just had my first child 6 months ago. My Fiance is going to school full time at night, so.... i have been studying at 5:00 am for an hour, sneaking in 2 hours at work, and trying to get another hour at night when she sleeping.
So i will be studying up till the second to last day. Then driving to Orlando from saint Petersburg the morning of the exam at about 4 am. Drinking about 15 cups of coffee along the way...
Easy, there. I still think no study day before is okay. And, ease up on the coffee the night before. REally, the adrenaline will keep you hyped up. You need a good night's sleep.

Good luck.
And I would recommend seriously considering getting a hotel room in Orlando on Thursday night. That way you don't spend ~2 hrs on the road prior to taking the test.

I recommend holding off on coffee right before the exam. Your brain will be reeling with excitement solving those problems at 6 minutes per. You won't need coffee to add to the adrenaline.

I remember drinking coffee right before the EIT exam and it was the worst thing I could have done.

Good luck!
If you are a coffee person, DEFINITELY have a cup before the exam. Nobody wants to be sitting next to the dude going through withdrawal during the test. Don't over do it though, you also do not want to be in the restroom all morning.

pmblair,

really, congratulations on your baby, sure it will give you good luck on this PE Exam.

Thank you

Mary, and Steel Man.

I like the good vibes,..... I think most of us on here will pass, considering the extra effort we are all putting in.

I am a huge coffee drinker, probably close to 2 pots a day, no joke.... picked up the bad habit in the army.

With 10 days left, what are your main concerns?
Hotel= Booked

Exam Site= Entrance Letter Printed, maped on google earth.

References= Each Tabbed and purchased "dolly" with file box to transport

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

6)Misc. Transportation Resources (Green Book, HCM, MUTCD, Pavement Design)

Breakfast= Dunkin D's Muchkins

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%
Dude I would STRONGLY advise against Chipotle... you don't wanna keep going to the bathroom crapping fire out your ass during the middle of the exam...

Hotel= Booked

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%

Who's going San diego, Del mar Fair?

I'm not sure that Chipotle is perhaps the greatest idea the night before spending all day somewhere with limited bathroom access...
Very True, I have been debating about this for awhile. Where I live there is no chipotle, so it is quite the treat, however I do belive you are 100% right. Probably should save chipotle for the after test meal.

Good idea. Chipotle and a couple victory beers in the hotel room is a great celebratory combo after the exam.
Couple celebratory beers?

I might have a couple DOZEN when I get home from the exam! :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Hotel= Booked

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%
4 calculators? Sounds a little too :sharkattack: excessive.

With all the prepping for supplies and references to take with you to the exam, please remember to leave your cell phones at home or in the hotel if you testing site has warned you not to take them in. One guy was sitting in the front row when his phone went off, 2 minutes before they were going to call the end to the test. The proctor picked up his test and tore it up in front of everyone. Oh, and the phone call... it was his wife calling to ask how the test went.

With all the prepping for supplies and references to take with you to the exam, please remember to leave your cell phones at home or in the hotel if you testing site has warned you not to take them in. One guy was sitting in the front row when his phone went off, 2 minutes before they were going to call the end to the test. The proctor picked up his test and tore it up in front of everyone. Oh, and the phone call... it was his wife calling to ask how the test went.
Just leave the phone in the car.

Hotel= Booked

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%
Guys!..don't forget to take a good construction dictionary.....I forgot mine last time.

Hotel= Booked

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%
Guys!..don't forget to take a good construction dictionary.....I forgot mine last time.
I don't have one, I'm taking the transportation... do i need one? Anywhere I can get one quickly and won't break the bank?

Hotel= Booked

Calculator= 4

Ruler=0

Ref Rank

1) All In One

2)Cerm Quick Reference

3)Handwritten Notes

4)FERM

5)CERM

Dinner PreTest- Chipotle

Confidence Levels

Transportation- Set

Water- 95%

Enviromental- 60%

Geo- 95%

Contruction- 95%

Structural- 60%
I don't have one, I'm taking the transportation... do i need one? Anywhere I can get one quickly and won't break the bank?
Just get one borrowed from one of your co-workers....last time I needed for 2 or 3 questions and I regret I forgot mine.

This is my second time. In the first one, I was literally not prepared for the exam due to various reason and I got 69 the passing score was 70 and failed. I prepared better this time and still I am not confident where I will be...............

"This is my second time. In the first one, I was literally not prepared for the exam due to various reason and I got 69 the passing score was 70 and failed. I prepared better this time and still I am not confident where I will be..............."

RJs how much study time did you put in the first time? And what depth section did you take? If you dont mind.....

"This is my second time. In the first one, I was literally not prepared for the exam due to various reason and I got 69 the passing score was 70 and failed. I prepared better this time and still I am not confident where I will be..............."
RJs how much study time did you put in the first time? And what depth section did you take? If you dont mind.....
It was less than two months and I had family health problem a month before the exam which completley obstructed the study. I put three months of worth time now but what I have found that I forget what I study after 8 hours of work.

I was in Water Resources and Envriomental Engineering Depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back