Would you call the hiring manager?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever called the hiring manager (whom you do NOT know) before interview candidates were sele

• Yes. I called and was hired for that job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I called, and was NOT hired.

• Yes. I called, and he/she told me to get lost.

• No. I did not call and was hired for that job.

• No. I did not call and was NOT hired for that job.

• No. I did not call but wish I had.

• Total voters
And if all else fails, get his/her home address, and swing by their home to 'see their pretty Christmas lights'.

I joke, of course.
:shakehead:

Note to self: If I'm ever the hiring manager in FLBuff's part of the country, be sure to look my doors.

:lmao: LOL. Thanks for the laughs FLBuff. :lmao:

I would say not unless you have met them or have a close contact
I might have had a different opinion before but recently i had to let someone go due to performance and when i looked through their file it was inundated with calls, letters, email.. "thank you for taking the time to interview me,etc," during the process, for me looking back it should have been a little red flag for the person who hired them
I'll just have to explain that I'm not that kind of girl. I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hire me. :)

I agree about going overboard being a red flag. This is why I am hesitant to call. I've met people that have gotten jobs because of who they know, without willing to put in some effort once they get the job. They don't last long. Once I get into a new job, I'll have to work hard, not only to learn my new field, but to demonstrate that I can carry my own weight.

Thank you Road Guy for giving me insight into what the hiring manager might be thinking.

Back