Women's Room - come talk

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap...we only are guaranteed the 12 WEEK FMLA leave, which is of course unpaid. Most supervisors work with us, but that is really awesome for you!

Some days i would love to do that, other days not so mcuh. We could do it financially, but I have the better health insurance. Our current plan is me home for 3-6 months, depending on baby, daycare options, and my sanity. Then work part time for the remainder of the 12 month FMLA period the state offers. The state stops paying their portion of the health insurance at 6 months, hence the need to work part time.
My wife is looking forward to it now, but I'm sure it is going to stress her out at times. One of the big reasons she wants to do it is because she grew up in a culture where the kids were always taken care of by family. There was no such thing as day care, so it doesn't seem right to her to drop our kid off for someone else to take care of.

Holy crap...we only are guaranteed the 12 WEEK FMLA leave, which is of course unpaid. Most supervisors work with us, but that is really awesome for you!
I think our company will allow for a percentage of pay for maternity leave for a few weeks... but I think they have the women who take that sign an agreement that they'll return to work for a year after the 12 weeks is over. If they choose not to, and stay home, they are under a legal agreement to pay back the money they were paid during the leave...

I think the "paid leave" had burnt them enough when the mom's decide during the time off to not return to work, and ended up getting paid when they left work.

we have several options

Maternity leave is 3 months, of which 1 month is paid, and our job is guaranteed

then we have family/medical leave where you can work parttime or go unpaid for a total of 12 months, inclusive of the 3month maternity, where we will have job, but not necessarily the same one. But our management is really proactive and no one has gotten reassigned to a different position after coming back from a medical leave or family care.

We can use vacation and sick leave to maintain our benefits and pay during that time. I can see where a lot of people might take advantage of a paid leave.

I ended home a lot longer than 12 weeks and came back on a shortened in office schedule. I don't think I'd be a good stay-at-home mom. One parenting book said, "A happy mom makes a happy child" in regards to staying home vs. working and I have to remind myself of that when I get grief about my decision.

My wife is looking forward to it now, but I'm sure it is going to stress her out at times. One of the big reasons she wants to do it is because she grew up in a culture where the kids were always taken care of by family. There was no such thing as day care, so it doesn't seem right to her to drop our kid off for someone else to take care of.
I was raised by a stay-at-home mom, but I had no problem dropping mine off at daycare to go back to work.

Emo kids just need a haircut and an ass-kicking.

Making clothing can only get so macho. I did help some ladies at church set up a CNC embroidery machine but had to leave when I felt a twinge of :f_115m_e45d7af: .

Inspired by FLBuff

2qjvko7.jpg

It has to do with the cut pattern. My brother did golf course mowing at one time. There might be more to it, but the direction the mower is moving makes a difference.

How does one get striations in the lawn like that?
Mary's answer is partially correct. The direction the mower went plays a part. It's more promenant immediately after you're done cutting, but to help with the "brighter" lines, you can do what they do at the ball parks: roll it. it's a roller similar to the one used for laying sod except not quite as heavy. It just mashes the grass down in a similar fashion as crop circles.

The only reason it always looks so good in the pro fields is that the grass is mowed daily vs the weekly/bi-weekly like the rest of us.

The G refers to "Garden". The scale is 1:22 (but varies between manufacturers). I just prefer G to HO. Seems that EVERYBODY has HO scale (1:87)
I was just trying to be crude. But I think it's awesome you have a G-scale train. Have you set up an actual garden railroad yet? I would love to do that. I saw some live steam G-scale trains at the railroad museum in Golden, CO. That's what I want, as an engineer - a live steam model train. I found some websites on those and had to physically restrain myself from breaking out the credit card.

What kind of train do you have? My son would be so impressed.

where can i get one of those? self cutting lawn would be great
Buy a goat.

Back