With 10 days to go, what are you focusing on?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment anything other than studying sounds attractive to me, don't have the same motivation the way I had like a month before :(  From now on I'll just focus on SMS and NCEES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plan on working the SMS TF and MM until Thursday. So far I've worked the NCEES and SMS exams about 4 times each. 

I feel comfortable with most problems but not so sure about qualitative problems. I may buy the PPI flash cards app to help. 

I worry that maybe I don't really know what I'm doing since a couple of the qualitative probs I missed. I'm thinking the qualitative problems should be a automatic. 

After I finish this round of the SMS, I will create a cheat sheet of frequent conversions, equations, tips, and reminders. Then I will tab my MERM and other reference materials this weekend. 

I will take all of next week off from work. Work some select MERM PP's, maybe some problems out the FERM, pack up my materials, make sure of no lurking loose papers in my references this time, drive to the test site Thursday and hopefully finally seal the deal that Friday. 

This past Sunday night I kept having a reoccurring dream of a pump horsepower problem where I kept punching values in my calculator but didn't get any of the answers listed then time was called and I didn't get to the other 39 problems. I woke up around 2:45 and could go back to sleep so at 3:30 I just went to the gym. Crazy tired from lunchtime on. 

This past Sunday night I kept having a reoccurring dream of a pump horsepower problem where I kept punching values in my calculator but didn't get any of the answers listed then time was called and I didn't get to the other 39 problems. I woke up around 2:45 and could go back to sleep so at 3:30 I just went to the gym. Crazy tired from lunchtime on. 
You are not the only one I guess if that makes you feel better ?. As many have pointed out in this thread, the key is to be as calm as possible to succeed in exam.

I am not planning to study much for the last week and will just hit the gym hard so that I can get a better, sound sleep.

Best of luck for everyone!

I'm so ready for this to be over, I got sick over the weekend and studying has been miserable. I can't focus because I feel so crappy but I must keep pushing forward while trying to feel better in the process.

I have all of my notes and MERM tabbed plus equation sheets ready to go. I've made myself a reference book that is my go to for the exam with commonly used items such as steam tables, psychometric charts, econ tables, MERM index etc.

I am feeling rather comfortable with all the information on the NCEES practice exams, I can complete those under 8 hrs. I can't say the same for SMS, some of the problems just take me way more than 6 minutes. I will be taking next week off from work as well. My focus will be on re-working SMS, NCEES problems, and core MERM subjects for TF depth (Power cycles, Fluids, Thermo, Heat Transfer).

Take care everyone, Best of luck!

I don't know if you can get them in time but I bought these for the MERM and they helped out a lot. I would have done the shaggy method but this saved me some time and personally think it looks cleaner http://peexamtabs.com/

I don't know if you can get them in time but I bought these for the MERM and they helped out a lot. I would have done the shaggy method but this saved me some time and personally think it looks cleaner http://peexamtabs.com/
Those look like they might be helpful, but I think there is more value in making a customized tab set yourself.  I think the ones in your list might be better for those who continue to use the book as a resource (i.e. I may get them.  :)   )

I will second these. I think they were around $25. Used these to tab sections at the top, chapters on the side. Supplemented these with colored coded tabs at the bottom, and a numerical/color coded appendix. Is this similar to the "Shaggy" method? IDK -- last I checked the pics had expired.

On these bad boys... Word of advice: be careful putting them in. They are permanent... right away.

Back