Winter Olympics 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought Tennell (US) was doing ok until Zagitova and Medvedeva took the ice.  Holy smokes they are light years ahead of their fellow competitors.

Lot of shoulder and arm strength necessary to make that big ass chunk of granite move within fractions of an inch of where you want it to be.

How does @Road Guy find the time to run this place and coach the US Women's Hockey team? 

stauber_robb_040617_800x375.jpg

Yessss Diggins and Randall! That is SO awesome! Especially after all the top 5 and top 6 places Diggins has had this Olympics... And also especially because it's the first U.S. women's cross-country Olympic medal ever!

I guess you can say the same for all these events, but do you ever think that this guy or gal has spent their whole life (to this point) to curl, or even though I like the bobsled, what real point in life is there to be a bobsledder?

We have found that our collective attention span for a single olympic event is 6 minutes or 8 runs of the same "1440 double backy side sweepy front grab".  After 4-5 of anything they all seem to look alike.  Now, I can watch short track for an hour, but noone else cares about it.

Watched the US men's curling team win yesterday, and caught the beginning of this morning's match where they won again.  They have a shot at the gold tomorrow night/Sat morning!

Watched the US men's curling team win yesterday, and caught the beginning of this morning's match where they won again.  They have a shot at the gold tomorrow night/Sat morning!
I watched this morning and it seemed like a more defensive match than previously. 

Yay for Shiffrin! And I do feel badly for Vonn, but such is the life of that event. I mean, the same sort of thing happened for the gold favorite in the men's slalom, Hirscher. The commentators couldn't believe it when he went off course!

U.S. women's hockey! That is SO awesome! I didn't stay up to watch it (I went to bed during overtime), but was so happy to see the results this morning!

And congrats to the women's 2 person bobsled team for getting silver! And David Wise and Alex Feirrera for going 1-2 (respectively) in the freestyle ski halfpipe, and Jamie Anderson for silver in the snowboarding big air!

Phew, did I forget anything?

Yeah crazy things happen when you're moving at 60 miles an hour on ice

I had an app that I used to use that will track your elevation gain and speed while skiing and I think the most I ever got up to was around 35 miles an hour and that was for a very short distance, the TV doesn't really translate how fast they are going but I think the men get up into the 70 range?

David Wise taking gold after those issues with his first two runs was awesome.

Agreed! He really came through when it counted, and did so well that his score lasted through the remaining, what was it, 5 or 6 skiers who had all had higher qualifying scores than him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back