Winter Olympics 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I crashed before they aired that last night but will have to watch it this evening!

200.gif

If they are not going to bring back the German gal with the polka dot dress and the thong then I have had enough figure skating! ;)

Haha not quite a thong, but very cheeky underneath her very little skirt! And I think she's done, as pair figure skating (so far as I know) is over with.

It was tough seeing Schiffrin not repeat gold (or even medal) in the slalom, where she was the heavy favorite and has basically owned every competition she has competed in before it. But, then again, no one has EVER defended that gold medal, neither women nor men, so it is a really high bar to reach. Granted, she's only 22, so it's entirely a possibility that she will have multiple more Olympics in her to try to get there!

I'm excited to see Lindsey Vonn compete later!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sort of torn being liking Vonns' resilience to come back from injury and disliking her attention whore self - she is definitely the "office princess" of the US Team...

Last edited by a moderator:
so I'll admit I felt bad for Vonn, not for making a small mistake at the end of the run and not medaling, but did anyone see her Dad basically chew her out after her run Friday?

She(Or probably all of them) is(are) basically the grown up version of that kid that was on our baseball / football / softball team who had superior talent than the rest of us, but knew their parents were going to ream them for anything less than perfect that happened on the field..  I don't think I would take any chewing outs from my parents in my 30's...

Also I did have to laugh at the fact that all the "favorites" had on makeup for their on camera interview after their runs? Most of these athletes (IMHO) look pretty good without makeup.  They mentioned on the news (thanks NBC) that Ester Ledecka (the surprise winner) from the Super G Friday night didn't take off her goggles cause she "wasn't prepared to be on camera"? i.e. no makeup.... ridiculous...

so I'll admit I felt bad for Vonn, not for making a small mistake at the end of the run and not medaling, but did anyone see her Dad basically chew her out after her run Friday?

She(Or probably all of them) is(are) basically the grown up version of that kid that was on our baseball / football / softball team who had superior talent than the rest of us, but knew their parents were going to ream them for anything less than perfect that happened on the field..  I don't think I would take any chewing outs from my parents in my 30's...

Also I did have to laugh at the fact that all the "favorites" had on makeup for their on camera interview after their runs? Most of these athletes (IMHO) look pretty good without makeup.  They mentioned on the news (thanks NBC) that Ester Ledecka (the surprise winner) from the Super G Friday night didn't take off her goggles cause she "wasn't prepared to be on camera"? i.e. no makeup.... ridiculous...
I guess Vonn got hammered on Twitter by a bunch of people saying she deserved to lose because of her lack of support for Trump.  I can't even imagine the mindset of a person that would participate in that.

Back