Who's up for some NCEES reform?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice... Lakeland? Bartow? or Winter Haven?

I used to live there for a while... (some 2 years ago... I did dam design and gyp stack for the phospatic waste the mines have there - IMC, Cargil, US Agrochemicals and CF)

how about you?

:D

nice... Lakeland? Bartow? or Winter Haven?I used to live there for a while... (some 2 years ago... I did dam design and gyp stack for the phospatic waste the mines have there - IMC, Cargil, US Agrochemicals and CF)

how about you?
I am your dam guide. Welcome to your dam tour. Are there any dam questions?

Where can I get some damn bait??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

That's a good scenario. Perhaps your info is correct. That is the way its done now. There may not be enough incentive to speed things up. However, its almost an engineering problem in itself- speeding things up- and that interests me as I'm sure it does others. But, it may also have financial and other rewards for those at the top who are still not convinced.

Imagine the possibilities:

By analyzing all the existing conditions and taking into consideration the technology at hand (ie, internet distribution of test results; pre-written programs for sorting through testing anomalies, comparing control question results, determing cut scores, etc...) a solution CAN be generated. I am willing to bet that it could EASILY, EASILY be cut down to all examinees receiving results within 4 weeks- all at the same time. I say "Easily", but I mean it would take some work, effort, creativity, etc... but once all the things are in place 4 weeks and simultaneous distribution of results should be achieveable. I think I'm being quite conservative on that estimate.

Anyway, after analyzing the present situation and formulating a plan it must be implemented. That costs money- probably a good bit. Where's it gonna come from? Here is the interesting part. We all paid $200 for registration. What if you offered, to anyone interested, the opportunity to get guaranteed results within 4 weeks (and give a FIRM date) for a mere $50 premium? With your numbers (and I have a suspicion you might be correct), assuming everyone would pay the premium, that's roughly $1.6 million per administration or $3.2 million per year in additional fees. Would that cover it? So what if only half pay the premium? Those who choose not to pay up for expediting can still wait 10 weeks or so. Their test would already be graded, but NCEES can sit on it. THat's still $1.6 million per year in additional fees- a nice budget to get this done.

Talk to the powers that be. I'll be happy to consider taking on the project of heading up the new system. I'd only ask for a small portion of the budget to cover my salary. In the end, NCEES would have the following:

1) Greatly satisfied their customers

2) The process would no longer be frustrating for all examinees

3) It would be great PR for engineering in general

4) It probably would not have costed NCEES much in initial outlay, if anything

5) NCEES would likely make additional revenue off of the continued $1.6 to $3.2 million per year

6) It would cost NCEES less to run their program

7) Those in the NCEES would have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment

8) Etc....

If we can dream it, then most likely, we can do it.

Ed

Last edited:
:true:

I took the PE exam back in April in California. As of today 07/20/06 the result is still pending due to the boards has made mistake on the survey score. The letter i received 3 days ago states that I have pass the PE 8 hours, Seismic, and the take home exam. However, It says "NEED TO TAKE" for the survey test. They assumed that I have not take the test! I called the board next day and the lady told me they have made a mistake on the letter, and about 400 examinee has received the same message. She then told me to just ignore it and they will amend the letter within this week. I am very upset about the wait time and the delay. It has been more than 12 weeks since I have took the test. The waiting part is stressful at this point because i have been looking for a new job for the past few months. I felt that if i have passed the PE exam. I will have a better chance to get a job and in a stronger position to negotiate for a better salary. So, I will strongly support you "Ed" for some NCEES reform!!!

Latest posts

Back