Who will you tell first?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby and I discussed this last night. We have decided the first person he should tell (other than me of course) will be his former employer. He's going to call and thank them for laying him off last year which pushed him to study and take the exam again and also (hopefully) find a job (possibly a better one!).

Once I get to see his new PE-ness I plan to take a nice close up picture of it and email it to everyone we know and even post it here on EB!

Hubby and I discussed this last night. We have decided the first person he should tell (other than me of course) will be his former employer. He's going to call and thank them for laying him off last year which pushed him to study and take the exam again and also (hopefully) find a job (possibly a better one!).
Once I get to see his new PE-ness I plan to take a nice close up picture of it and email it to everyone we know and even post it here on EB!
:appl:

I'll tell my wife, and if I pass, the reimbursement report to HR. If I fail, a nasty text to the friend who toasted my passing at the bar a few weeks back.

IF I get positive results, I'll let the Mrs know, then my boss & the head of HR so they can work on the reimbursement check. I already got the wage increase as my employer REALLY wants another PE in my department. An initial incentive is what they called it.

Then it'll go on FB for the rest of the family / friends to see.

:waitwall:

I will call my Dad, then my twin bro, then my girlfriend. Everyone else can pack sand... Kidding! After that, straight to my boss' office!!!

You all have the wrong answer.

You need to tell EB.com for the sanity of all of its waiting members.

you just change your email signature from eit to pe and see how long it takes people to notice that your PE-ness is hanging out

well, seeing how bonuses are tabulated based upon your end of year salary, it will end up costing me THOUSANDS of $$$ is they drag their asses into 2011. I will miss my Salary bump, and thus the % bonus will be far less...

thanks for dragging your asses NCEES!

well, seeing how bonuses are tabulated based upon your end of year salary, it will end up costing me THOUSANDS of $$$ is they drag their asses into 2011. I will miss my Salary bump, and thus the % bonus will be far less...
thanks for dragging your asses NCEES!
Look on the bright side. You'll still be in a lower tax bracket. So you've got that going for you...which is nice.

For all whom have waited so patiently for your results...

Print this out in color, cut around the edges, and wear the Badge of Honor around your office for a few days (or until everyone becomes annoyed by it):

PE_generic.doc

Attachments

• PE_generic.doc
    27 KB · Views: 62
I will tell my husband first, since he reminds me of the cost of references, classes, and the test every few hours.

If I pass, I hope he will not get all weird about my PE-ness

If I am at work, the whole office will know at the exact same time from the loud screams and the crazy dance that follows...then my husband and mom. If I am at home my husband and kids, followed by a mass text!

I think everyone will know by my smug superiority that will materialize. And the high-fives I dole out to anyone that approaches me in the following 24 hours. Until then, I will sit fidgeting at my desk completely unproductive.

My 2 years old son, since I used our playing / quality time to prepare for the exam. Then the whole NYS via Facebook , Tweeter, public announcement, MTA Subway system, Cabs .. etc :party-smiley-048:

Back