Who Should I Sue?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Uncanny Pompadour
Reaction score
Flight Attendant Sues Wife of Evangelist Joel Osteen Over Alleged Air-Rage Incident

A Continental Airlines flight attendant's lawsuit against Victoria Osteen, wife of nationally known pastor and author Joel Osteen, was expected to go before a jury, attorneys said.

Sharon Brown alleges in a civil lawsuit that Victoria Osteen, co-pastor of Houston's popular Lakewood Church, assaulted her during a Dec. 19, 2005 flight from Houston to Vail, Colo., by throwing her against an airplane bathroom door. She also alleges Osteen elbowed her in the left breast.

In a pretrial frenzy of finger pointing, lawyers for both women say airplane passengers and Continental employees will testify it was the other woman who was out of control.

The FAA report states that Osteen asked another flight attendant to clean a liquid on her first-class seat armrest. When that attendant said she would get another flight attendant, Osteen grabbed a second flight attendant and took her to the seat, the report said. The second attendant said she would call cleaning personnel and headed to the cockpit, the FAA said. Osteen followed her and came across Brown, whom she pushed and elbowed in the left breast in an attempt to get to the cockpit, according to the report.

The flight attendants asked to have Osteen removed from the plane; she and her family left voluntarily. Osteen denies the charges of assault.

According to court documents, Brown claims that she suffers from anxiety and hemorrhoids because of the incident and said her faith was affected. She is also suing Osteen for medical expenses for counseling.

sounds reasonable to me. It's about time the "help" sued the "entitiled snob". God knows it;'s pretty common the other way.

She suffers from hemorrhoids as a result of the incident? Was she trying to pinch a loaf when she assualted the flight attendant?

I was with her up to the hemorrhoids and loss of faith.

I've lost faith in humanity as a whole. When the day comes that I also develop hemorrhoids, who can I sue?

^^ George W Bush. Some people think he's responsible for everything bad, why not join them?

Actually, I believe a fair amount of people believe that Dubya IS a hemorrhoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
This story leaves us hanging a bit. I think there is some importance to what the "liquid" was. Was this a DNA containing substance? It seems to me that noone wanted to touch it. A good report would have told us who was in that seat on the previous flight.

Back