Where to buy pre-tabbed NEC & NESC HANDBOOK, and should I?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suggestion would be not to buy a pre tabbed one. Buy NEC untabbed and tab it yourself as you start preparing for the exam. This will help you a lot as you progress with your preparations.

Wow I'm glad you looked at the reviews.  I'm appalled someone would try to even sell something like that.  I looked at my "shopping list" from way back when I bought all my stuff and I had told my employer the NEC 2017 would cost around $185, so yes please review carefully before you buy.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to find the hardcover version of this book.  Is it only available in paperback now?  

I don't even see the hardcover available on NFPA's website.  You might try calling them and see if it's available.  They sell tabs too so you can at least ask if you can get it pre-tabbed if you want.

https://catalog.nfpa.org/2017-NEC-Handbook-Toolkit-Exclusive-from-NFPA-P18823.aspx

Wow I'm glad you looked at the reviews.  I'm appalled someone would try to even sell something like that.  I looked at my "shopping list" from way back when I bought all my stuff and I had told my employer the NEC 2017 would cost around $185, so yes please review carefully before you buy.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to find the hardcover version of this book.  Is it only available in paperback now?  

I don't even see the hardcover available on NFPA's website.  You might try calling them and see if it's available.  They sell tabs too so you can at least ask if you can get it pre-tabbed if you want.

https://catalog.nfpa.org/2017-NEC-Handbook-Toolkit-Exclusive-from-NFPA-P18823.aspx
is the "NEC" tabs different than the "Mike Holt" tabs people talk about? If so, is there a general consensus on which the majority of test takers think is viable? 

Back