Where do I begin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been out of school over 30 years and the only thing I used to study for and pass the FE was the FERM (FE Review Manual). I worked every problem in the FERM. Probably the NCEES sample problems would have helped also.
In West Virginia you cannot take the FE to become an EIT in the first place without having graduated with an ABET approved engineering degree. Does Georgia have the same requirement?
I'm following the Georgia requirements under Section 43-15-8. 3A: acquire not less than 8 years of experience in engineering work of a nature satisfactory to the board; and 3B: Pass a written examination in fundemental engineering subjects (EIT exam).

I'd call the state board and speak to someone before I went through the application. The Georgia board can be quite particular in what they are looking for. That said, best of luck to you.
I called and spoke to the board yesterday and got the correct interpretation that I can take the FE exam with having over 8yrs of experience. Thanks for the luck. I'll need it.

Back