When will PA release results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i took the water resources version.. hopefully i didnt do so well i hurt the rest of you on the curve   :p

i tell ya what tho, i smashed that test.  it seemed like it was tailor made for my knowledge with just a bit of stuff i had to work out, but completely doable.  except for a couple of the enviro questions...  2 of those were retarded, but multiple choice is my jam, so i may have lucked out on those too

i wish you all luck

called and emailed got the same response: 

We were just informed that we cannot release any more information to the candidates until all the information has been received and is uploaded into the system.  I am sorry!  Our tech people are working diligently on getting all the files extracted and uploaded.

Thank you for your patience.

Just got this reply back from ST Engineer

"We were just informed that we cannot release any more information to the candidates until all the information has been received and is uploaded into the system.  I am sorry!  Our tech people are working diligently on getting all the files extracted and uploaded.

Thank you for your patience."

Looks like it should be soon (??)

They informed me via the phone about 30 minutes ago, but by the sounds of it, I may have been one of the last that they told.

these tech support people must be getting paid by the hour... taking their time

Just got this reply back from ST Engineer

"We were just informed that we cannot release any more information to the candidates until all the information has been received and is uploaded into the system.  I am sorry!  Our tech people are working diligently on getting all the files extracted and uploaded.

Thank you for your patience."

Looks like it should be soon (??)
This happens every cycle. Check previous PA results threads. This process of getting everything uploaded into the systems takes a while. Pennsylvania is a populous state with a lot of engineers so they have a lot to input. I think you're looking at something closer to a week, rather than hours.

On the plus side, the wait between results and license is really short.

Hopefully they won't accidentally issue license numbers to people who failed again this cycle....

I guess that's what happens when you share something on a forum and all the lurkers seize the opportunity.  Sorry you guys werent able to check

Not sure how PA is different than every other state...
I could list the reasons but I'd be typing all day  :p   And I'm Pennsylvania born and raised!

Pennsy jokes aside, Pennsylvania has a lot of test takers and a lot of new engineers every cycle. The commonwealth likes to issue licensees along with the results being released. I think its some internal procedure or just their own preference. I suspect the latter because once the results are released then almost every engineer starts calling demanding their license immediately. Just look at what happened earlier today when a couple dozen people called for their results. Now multiply that by a couple hundred for two weeks.

The process of entering all the names and licensees is time consuming and labor intensive. In the past, this was done by a contractor. But :pcs: so they appear to have dumped the contract and now do it internally. For whatever reason the something in the process requires manual intervention for each entry. Previous hasty attempts to get it done have ended poorly. A couple(?) years ago they erroneously issued licensees to people who failed the test, then recalled the license. Ouch! That's not pleasant for anyone.

The wait to have the results released sucks but at least the license happens fast. This is a lot better than other states like Michigan where the licensing process lags the release by weeks or months. For most people, the license is more important. It's bad now but I can assure you that a month from now, so long as you pass, you won't care about a weeklong delay. A year from now it'll just be a funny story you recount on this board or with other engineers.

I could list the reasons but I'd be typing all day  :p   And I'm Pennsylvania born and raised!

Pennsy jokes aside, Pennsylvania has a lot of test takers and a lot of new engineers every cycle. The commonwealth likes to issue licensees along with the results being released. I think its some internal procedure or just their own preference. I suspect the latter because once the results are released then almost every engineer starts calling demanding their license immediately. Just look at what happened earlier today when a couple dozen people called for their results. Now multiply that by a couple hundred for two weeks.

The process of entering all the names and licensees is time consuming and labor intensive. In the past, this was done by a contractor. But :pcs: so they appear to have dumped the contract and now do it internally. For whatever reason the something in the process requires manual intervention for each entry. Previous hasty attempts to get it done have ended poorly. A couple(?) years ago they erroneously issued licensees to people who failed the test, then recalled the license. Ouch! That's not pleasant for anyone.

The wait to have the results released sucks but at least the license happens fast. This is a lot better than other states like Michigan where the licensing process lags the release by weeks or months. For most people, the license is more important. It's bad now but I can assure you that a month from now, so long as you pass, you won't care about a weeklong delay. A year from now it'll just be a funny story you recount on this board or with other engineers.
I am in PA and I passed the exam during the April 2017 cycle and even though my paper license says the license was active the day I passed the exam it took over 30 days to get the license and also show up in the online database. The state board site says allow 30 days for your application to be processed following a successful exam result, so the wait continues even after you pass the exam unless they are changing the process during this cycle.

Latest posts

Back