What's a reasonable temperature for an office?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comfortable office temp [Fahrenheit]?

• 67 or below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 68-72

• 72-75

• 75-78

• 79 or above

• Total voters
Temperature control in the cube farm is a beast. Combine that with floor to ceiling windows in a building constructed under low-bid contract. I never know what the weather inside the office will be.

apparently, the accounting dept here thinks the appropriate thermostat setting is one million degrees... I haven't looked to see if its F or C though.

Currently 70 degrees and 36% humidity at my desk.
in our old office we had 2 engineers who fought over the temps on a daily basis. During the summer I would have to put on my winter hat and the space heater.

He who sits next to the thermostat controls the world.

68 in winter, 72 in summer. Not too complicated. If women are cold (they usually are), they need to wear warmer clothes. I keep the house at 64 in the winter, any guesses how often I get complained at about that (it'd be 62 but I caved and moved it to 64).

The solution for offices is underfloor air distribution. Temps are pretty darn even across entire floors and you can be comfortable at cooler(winter)/warmer(summer) temps because there's actual air movement for people at their desks.

66 keeps me comfortable and alert, any warmer and it's nap time.

My office is never below 68 so consequently and lot of napping takes place.

68 in winter, 72 in summer. Not too complicated. If women are cold (they usually are), they need to wear warmer clothes. I keep the house at 64 in the winter, any guesses how often I get complained at about that (it'd be 62 but I caved and moved it to 64).
The solution for offices is underfloor air distribution. Temps are pretty darn even across entire floors and you can be comfortable at cooler(winter)/warmer(summer) temps because there's actual air movement for people at their desks.
i just wear my winter wardrobe year round at work. Its been averaging about 62-65 degrees at the office this winter.

Back