What's a reasonable temperature for an office?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comfortable office temp [Fahrenheit]?

• 67 or below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 68-72

• 72-75

• 75-78

• 79 or above

• Total voters
So, I just broke out the ole sling psychrometer. My cubical is a perfect 75 DB and 62 WB.

I'm dissappointed this is one less thing I can complain about.

We have windows facing the south, so we boil in spring and fall.

One guy in my dept went so far as to bring in a heating pad to "fool the thermostat." It worked great for about 15 minutes and the temperature was plummeting. Then the facilities manager called from his office across town and asked, "Can you tell me why your thermostat says 120 degrees?" :oops:

I have the same issue.

I am lucky enough to have my own office, however, the HVAC system is very unbalanced. My office is small 8'x10' and it has a ceiling supply and return registers, so the warm air short circuits and doesn't really warm me up much at all.

In the winter, my office is usually around 67 F. Just outside the door however, it is about 4 degrees warmer.

But the payoff is coming, in the spring & summer, I get plenty of AC, my office says below 70F almost all the time. I even shut my door to horde the cool air on really warm days.

Back