Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got fed up with Metal Gear, so playing through GTA V again for something a little more gratuitous...

The videos that SWTOR puts out are epic, just too bad the actual game sucks. Wish the creators would actually put out an animated series.

Mrs. Ble and I have been talking recently about caving in and getting a console for the kids. Typically I'd lean toward Nintendo for the quality kids games, but I'm a bit unsure right now with the Switch coming out. Is it worth it to get a Wii U if it goes on sale since it can play all the old Wii games as well? Or should I go with an Xbox One with Minecraft for mini-ble1? I've not been into gaming since high school and the PS1 and Nintendo 64, so I'm pretty much clueless.

^^ I'm waiting to see if the Switch will be backwards compatible.  There are a ton of quality games on the Wii U/Wii, while I would have a hard time naming more than a couple for the Xbox.  My son really wants a Wii U for Christmas mainly for Mario Maker so I'll see if I can convince him to wait.

I've been playing Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube.  Man is that game hard.  I remember why I gave up on it 10 years ago.  I had to dial the difficulty back from "adult" to "child" and I'm still having a hard time.

Like I said, I've been leaning toward a Wii U, but I'm having a hard time justifying $299 for a system that's not being made anymore. I don't think the Switch will be backwards compatible since it is cartridge based and won't have a disc reader.

I wasn't overly impressed with WatchDogs, but from what I've been reading about WatchDogs 2, they fixed a lot of the faults of the first game.  Kind of looking forward to it.  

Battlefield 1 seems to be a pretty awesome reincarnation of Battlefield 1942. But EA is being EA and won't have it on Steam.  <_<

Like I said, I've been leaning toward a Wii U, but I'm having a hard time justifying $299 for a system that's not being made anymore. I don't think the Switch will be backwards compatible since it is cartridge based and won't have a disc reader.
Could be digital backwards compatibility.

JC Penney has the Wii U deluxe edition with Mario Kart for $209 today only with code NOWBUY7

Some kids just have a knack.  I remember in High School that my friend's 4-5 year old brother would routinely clean your clock in Goldeneye on N64.

Some kids just have a knack.  I remember in High School that my friend's 4-5 year old brother would routinely clean your clock in Goldeneye on N64.
He'd be no match for me and my Siberian Special Forces!!!

Mrs. Ble and I have been talking recently about caving in and getting a console for the kids. Typically I'd lean toward Nintendo for the quality kids games, but I'm a bit unsure right now with the Switch coming out. Is it worth it to get a Wii U if it goes on sale since it can play all the old Wii games as well? Or should I go with an Xbox One with Minecraft for mini-ble1? I've not been into gaming since high school and the PS1 and Nintendo 64, so I'm pretty much clueless.
Well, I made the plunge and bought a Wii U for the kids. I got it off of Craigslist from a family that literally turned it on one time. It comes with a few games and several wiimotes. I think I'm as excited as the kids will be on Christmas morning. Now I've got to start building a library of games for them (and me!).

1 hour ago, Ble_PE said:
Well, I made the plunge and bought a Wii U for the kids. I got it off of Craigslist from a family that literally turned it on one time. It comes with a few games and several wiimotes. I think I'm as excited as the kids will be on Christmas morning. Now I've got to start building a library of games for them (and me!).

Do a little reading up on Wii U Homebrew.  I recently soft-modded my Wii and installed every NES and SNES game on it.  

Back