What was your favorite fictional spacecraft?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked up the kid from flight of the navigator and that was one of his last movies be ever made he now works in a sporting goods store...?

I really like the ship from "the last star fighter "

I've been meaning to find that movie on DVD to watch it with my kids... I have it on VHS but nothing to play it on... You know the movie about Alex, the kidf from the trailer park that the aliens put a arcade game in the rec room to find a pilot to save them from (whomever their enemy was)
Yes! My dad and I would watch The Last Starfighter all the time...on VHS.

A GunStar in Death blossoms mode:

post_deathblossom_spin_32_650w.gif

Can't believe I never made that connection....

Trying to find it on DVD as I type!

I wonder if the Constellation program that Obama killed would count as a fictional spacecraft now.

Saw Apollo 18 last night and they had a pretty good replica of the Soviet lunar module.

Movies? Serenity.

TV Shows? If stations count, Babylon 5. If they don't, the Andromeda Ascendant.

Books? I don't remember the name of it, but it's in Exiles to Glory by Jerry Pournelle - it's a water tank that the heroes make modifications to (so they can escape the asteroid they're marooned on, and get to the main asteroid base). I also like the Lunatic from the Star Wars expanded universe: It's a smuggling compartment (like the one in the Millenium Falcon) with a rocket engine and R2 unit attached to it, used for temporary travel.

Back