What was your favorite fictional spacecraft?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Major Highway said:
The Death Star, only because I think it would be cool to build your own planet. I think I would make it a bit harder to destroy though.
All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
Clerks?
Yes.

It didn't have a name, but I liked the ship from the Flight of the Navigator
that was cool...the little pet creature was cool too.
As I mentioned above, I still thought the ship looked cooler when it was in "turbo" or "time travel" mode. "Compliance!" ;)

nav4.gif
+1000

"Hey Blimpo, oink oink, too many twinkies"

1087251994.jpg

except, was the voice of "Max" the internal robot thing really Pee Wee?

flight-of-the-navigator-max.jpg
=
peewee.jpg

^^^ Every time I saw that movie I would laugh so hard at the twinkie comment. :lmao:

And I don't think the voice-over for MAX was actually Pee-Wee. There were parts in the movie where he did talk like him though. So either it was Pee-Wee for those few parts or the main voice was really good at impersonating him.

^^^ Every time I saw that movie I would laugh so hard at the twinkie comment. :lmao:

And I don't think the voice-over for MAX was actually Pee-Wee. There were parts in the movie where he did talk like him though. So either it was Pee-Wee for those few parts or the main voice was really good at impersonating him.
Nope, it was Paul Reubens, aka PeeWee that did the voice of Max.

The thing that bothered me about the time travel mode shape was the air intakes. I doubt it was an air breather or a mass driver propulsion system, so what up with the intakes?

Nope, it was Paul Reubens, aka PeeWee that did the voice of Max.
Wow, cool. I guess when he was talking normal for the first few parts when he met the boy, it didn't sound like the typical "Pee-wee" voice.

And those weren't air intakes, those were quantum torpedo launchers. :thumbs:

Although I loved Star Trek and Lost in Space, I always liked the Eagles on Space 1999. They seemed to me the most realistic designs, especially given NASA's propensity for modular construction in that era.
I agree. As a kid I even had the model.

Of course there are all of the Spell Jammers, but I seriously doubt anyone on here know what they are all about.

The bad guys always had the coolest vehicles - Tie Fighters from Star Wars, or Cylon Raiders from Battlestar get my vote.

I know it's not technically a spacecraft, but I like the Nebuchadnezzar from the Matrix.

Here's one designed to penetrate deep space.

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't have a name, but I liked the ship from the Flight of the Navigator

FotN.jpg
I made a reference about this movie around some people in their early 20s and got blank stares. I felt really old. I compared the Cloud Gate (The Bean) sculpture in Chicago to this ship.

And I have to go with the ST:NG Enterprise.
I got Flight of the Navigator for $5 for my kids last Christmas break.

Good topic!

I'd almost say the Millenium Falcon, but it always bothered me that a cargo ship had no cargo bay.... WTF, where did Han carry his goods? How did he make a profit with that thing?

I'm more partial to the Serenity, from the TV series Firefly. It had a drive-in cargo bay, and some really cool living space. It was more what I would have though the Millenium Falcon should have been.

Firefly_class_ship.jpg

I looked up the kid from flight of the navigator and that was one of his last movies be ever made he now works in a sporting goods store...?

I really like the ship from "the last star fighter "

I've been meaning to find that movie on DVD to watch it with my kids... I have it on VHS but nothing to play it on... You know the movie about Alex, the kidf from the trailer park that the aliens put a arcade game in the rec room to find a pilot to save them from (whomever their enemy was)

Back