What should I expect as a recent civil engineering graduate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexor65

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering and am currently on the job hunt as well as currently studying for the FE exam. I didn't have an internship during my studies and therefore would like to know what an entry level engineer would be working on. My GPA wasn't all that great and honestly I skated through some math classes so when a job description says hand calculations I immediately think of calculus 3 and freak out a bit. I plan on applying to positions within the transportation/traffic sector as I am stronger in that category.

I guess I would just like to know what to expect and if I pass the FE exam am I going to be alright?

Thanks

Being more serious, don't worry too much about the higher math. I don't have direct experience in Transportation, but I don't think I've done anything more than a simple derivative in my few years of Civil/Structural Engineering. Most of the math I do is high school level.

Back