What poster did you have on your wall when you were a teen?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember the baseball posters that had the player, usually at bat, with his name in block letters at the bottom and the team color as the background?

Yeah, I had one of those, Don Mattingly. I didn't even like the Yankees, but at that age it wasn't really about the team as much as it was if your friends would recognize the player. I didn't know jack **** about Don Mattingly, but all my friends thought the poster was cool.

Oh, and 1 of those glass tiles you'd win at the balloon-dart game at fairs. I also had a blow-up Orbiter (Columbia) that I had gotten from Marshall Space Center.

That's about it.

Sorry, this became less about posters and more "what was in my room".

Did I mention my vast array of "participation" trophies from little league? We sucked. Hard. The fat kid always played catcher, and never once caught the ball. Had they actually been allowed to advance on balls that got away from him, we'd have never won a game. The entire outfield would sit down and look for four leaf clovers. No lie.

I was the first baseman by virtue of the fact I was the only left-handed player on the team. Not that it mattered. I sucked a little less than the catcher and the outfielders because I could catch the ball occasionally and I would stand up the entire game.

Wow. Talk about a thread hi-jack. I should have put this in the 10K.

LOL, sounds like my Little League days (I played PONY league or Little League for about a combined 10 years or so.)

I was the short fat kid that always got plopped on a team where the coach's son and best friend were always made captains, until the last two years when a friend's father asked me to play on their team.

It was hilarious. I'd either get walked, strike out, or hit a triple. Nothing in between, and nothing more, because our fields never had fences, and I was too slow to make it all the way around to home back then. But because I had so much mass behind the thing, all I had to do was basically make contact and I would crush a line drive into the outfield. I swear, I could have bunted triples.

cakb2.jpg

Got this bad boy about 1988.

Also had the life size Michael Jordan on my door.

Last edited by a moderator:
TOO SOON!
No, really.

Sorry, perhaps I should re-phrase that.

I had an inflatable orbiter that I hung from my ceiling. It was marked as "Columbia".

Geez, I guess that could be read to make me look like a real goob, but I swear that wasn't what I meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have six years on her. So I guess the law precludes me from commenting on the Teen Steam video.

As I recall, I had a poster of Jacklyn Smith, Linda Carter and a periodic table of the elements....

One of Brooke Burke on the beach, a 1967 Pontiac GTO, and a white Lamborghini Countach.

Back