What little things do people do that drive you crazy?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having attended Catholic Schools through high school (and back when the teachers were mostly nuns) cursive was emphasized pretty strongly.  However, once I hit college and most work was done using computers or needed to be typed my cursive abilities started to go south in lieu of hastily writing notes/memos.  Today my hand writing sux.  I can still write nicely but it really takes a concious thought about how to make it look neat and tidy.  Ram:  If you cringe at how other people write their notes then you're OCD big time.

I can speak in cursive, but don't ask me to write in it!

It's quickly becoming a lost skill.  I know the joke is that engineers and doctors have notoriously poor penmanship but I do cringe when I see folks in meetings taking notes and it looks like my 3 year old's writing.
This. I tend to pride myself on neat hand-written work.

And it's well known most doctors have extremely poor handwriting, but what I've learned is that many doctors are also really bad with electronic communications, too.  sentences all in lower case with no puncuation  things like that  i think that their culture of shorthand note taking affects their ability to communicate in other forms

And it's well known most doctors have extremely poor handwriting, but what I've learned is that many doctors are also really bad with electronic communications, too.  sentences all in lower case with no puncuation  things like that  i think that their culture of shorthand note taking affects their ability to communicate in other forms
i see what you did there  :)

My handwriting is pretty bad too, but at least the drafters can understand it.

Guy telling the hot chick on the elevator that her hair smells nice.

[edit] Sorry, I thought the title of the thread was "What things little people do that drive you crazy?"

I think only civil's learned the correct way to make 9's  (of course this is with marking paint so cut me some slack jack!)

d4dd0ab104bc44f5b83a293223539351.jpg

^that one looks like a nine, the first one the curve went too far to the right which looks more like a g

Back