What is your proudest engineering moment?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buried a utility representative in a face to face Code discussion so badly that the CM actually started laughing.

If I do my job right, no one notices. It's one of those behind-the-scenes things. However, if I do my job wrong and cause a blackout, then everyone gets all up in arms. So I guess my proudest moment is not causing any major blackouts.

In research for a snarky comment ( a big :p to those of you who don't think I put any effort at all into my snark), I discovered a fact I was completely unaware of. Fermi 1 was a liquid sodium cooled reactor. It was also a fast breeder.

Although I lived not too far away all my life, I never knew there had been a meltdown at Fermi until I visited the plant when I worked for Detroit Edison as an intern in 1999.

Oh and you weren't able to find any blackouts that I caused? Good, I must have gotten away with it. ;)

In 8 years of working in the plant, I never tripped the plant off-line. Considering some of the systems they had me working on, luck had as much to do with it as skill.

Oh and you weren't able to find any blackouts that I caused? Good, I must have gotten away with it. ;)

I actually quit and started reading about the reactor. So your not off the hook yet buddy!

yes, you are. I'm past it.

I was just amazed that after the disaster that was the Seawolf reactor (from an ops/logistics point of view...it never had a meltdown) that they hadn't shut that reactor down and replaced it with a BWR.

The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center... I was the Resident Officer-in-Charge of Construction.

Back