What is the starting salary for a licensed PE in California?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amame

If you have a PE license from another states (not in California) working in California, do you get the same salary as a licensed PE?

Does California company even regconize you as a license PE regardless of what state it's from? I appreciate a response.

An out-of-state PE, would only be benificial to a CA company if they are doing work in the state you hold your PE. Other than that, it does the CA company no good to have an out-of-state PE, since you can't stamp anything in CA.

Hope that helps...

If you have a PE license from another states (not in California) working in California, do you get the same salary as a licensed PE?Does California company even regconize you as a license PE regardless of what state it's from? I appreciate a response.
All states have some policy on reciprocity, and most times it's just a matter of trudging through some bureaucracy to get a license in a given state (Texas was the biggest pain in the rear I've seen so far, Kansas the simplest).

CA might be tough, because they deal with all the earthquake stuff that the rest of us never see...Anyway, only a CA license would be worth anything to an employer, but the hoops probably aren't too arduous. Good luck.

In California you have to take three tests to be licensed as a civil. In addition to the normal NCEES test, there is a seismic and a surveying test.

Back