What do you think about the exam ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually glad to hear others say the PM geotech was difficult, hopefully that will make the cut score for us dirt people low enough for me to pass, Lets keep that results clock rolling!!!

I agree, the CA Seismic was difficult. I had to completely guess on about 10 problems; but those were the harder problems that I couldn't solve right away. The guy next to me (who failed the seismic 5 times already) said this was the hardest one he has taken yet.
I looked at the CA engineer/land surveyors boards website, and the don't meet until july 26/27, which would be 13 weeks from test date. Then add 2 weeks to that, for them to get their shit together and mail the results. We should have the results by august 11th, which would be about 15 weeks. For the last exam, the state didnt meet until the end of january, so we didn't get our results until early febuary.
I feel exactly the same way about CA Seismic. I can barely finish all the problems within the time given. The funny thing is that the guy next to me handed in before the 10 min call is made. Anyway, maybe he is a structure engineer. My feeling about the Seismic this time is that it is more difficult than 90% of the past exam given if not 99% even though this is my first shot. My guess about the cutscore is that it is going to be below 50%, that is, 150 out of 300. If anyone interested, you can join the survey about the difficulty of this exam by posting a reply to the message that I posted at the Seimic/Survey sub-forum.

Back