What about CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give my opinion. I moved last year from CA to Baton Rouge just because they offered me a good amount of money. I am moving to Texas probably this or next month. What the hell is up with this state? No amount of money is enough to put up with this s@#$ hole. Corrupt politicians, terrible swampy expensive real estate (for what you get). Add also they are SOOOO proud of their food-Louisiana food SUCKS, this is the CRAPPIEST PLACED I HAVE EVER LIVED IN. Sorry I had to get that out there...
Food sucks? Are you insane? You must have never eatin in New Orleans. I have eatin some of the best food here. Be prepared for Texas because all you'll get is bacon wrapped frozen shrimp, steaks, and some really good Mexican food. Not that I don't like steaks or the Mexican but no variety. "So honey what's for dinner tonight steak or Mexican?" I wouldn't mind so much living in Texas because they do have really good home prices. I would miss the really great fishing though. On the corruption, it has been pretty bad, but Bobby Jindhal is going to improve it. He may not end it but it will at least be more transparent and people will have the opportunity to vote those corrupt politicians out. Not that they will since many voters own companies that get their own kickbacks. I didn't say Louisiana was perfect or even better than most states, but I'm glad I'm not from California.

Back