well no wonder...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
*rant warning*

So I just finished 3 8-hour days of Testmasters. I can't believe how utterly unprepared some people are for this exam. There were a good fraction of the class, probably over 25% that had no idea that construction was on it now. Another 10% had the wrong calculators and were pissed off they had to use "special ones" and it was rare that I ran into someone that had done anything before the class began.

I ripped apart the binder they gave me and put it by subject in my spiffy subject-specific color-coded binders (with matching color-coded tabbed CERM, mind you!) and I was GAWKED at. I kid you not. I thought everybody did this. How the heck do you you find something spread across 6 locations? Good grief...

The teachers seem to also have missed the fact that the test changed, and were overlapping each other, and teaching us stuff that is no longer on the exam, or going into great deal because "it's always on the morning". Well, people, it's CHANGED. Read the freaking papers I gave you $700 for, would you?

And the guy that got up every 30 minutes to get food- sit your ass in the chair and pay attention, and MAYBE you wouldn't be here for the 4th time! If you're that hungry, bring the damn food in all at once. (Note, that the seat he chose was RIGHT by the door so at least he didn't have to crawl over people every time he walked out of the room.)

I think I'm done. I might come back and add more.

Who were the teachers you didn't like? Israni is top-notch in my book. One is older than dirt and hard of hearing, but still very knowledgeable.

How do you know they're teaching stuff that is no longer on the exam? I don't know how much the morning will be radically changed - other than the new construction-based questions (and the resulting decrease on questions from somewhere).

Keep smilin'!

:) I've had my morning coffee now.

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't "not like" any of the teachers, it was just irritating that Saturday afternoon during construction we discuss earthwork and CPM which is in the new NCEES as construction, and then we do it AGAIN on Sunday during Transpo. There is virtually no water/wastewater in the new AM section- it's mostly hydrology/hydraulics. And a huge chunk of transpo is gone from the AM. I don't mind learning it, no complaints there, but I'd rather you didn't repeatedly tell me "this is always on the AM, you'll have this one for sure, I had this question" when the test isn't the same. Signalization is nowhere to be seen in transpo AM, neither is OSHA, yet we discussed both for over an hour. I guess I need to get over it and just pay attention to the stuff that I need to know and let them worry about it.

Israni is next weekend, and I have heard the same thing about him. Since that is my depth, I will be paying attention very closely to him!

:) I've had my morning coffee now.
I didn't mean to imply that I didn't "not like" any of the teachers, it was just irritating that Saturday afternoon during construction we discuss earthwork and CPM which is in the new NCEES as construction, and then we do it AGAIN on Sunday during Transpo. There is virtually no water/wastewater in the new AM section- it's mostly hydrology/hydraulics. And a huge chunk of transpo is gone from the AM. I don't mind learning it, no complaints there, but I'd rather you didn't repeatedly tell me "this is always on the AM, you'll have this one for sure, I had this question" when the test isn't the same. Signalization is nowhere to be seen in transpo AM, neither is OSHA, yet we discussed both for over an hour. I guess I need to get over it and just pay attention to the stuff that I need to know and let them worry about it.

Israni is next weekend, and I have heard the same thing about him. Since that is my depth, I will be paying attention very closely to him!
You've reminded me... I didn't see much of a distinction made between morning/afternoon questions, either. The transportation had a LOT of stuff covered that was only afternoon stuff. Testmasters made it sound like you'd know when they were doing afternoon-only review and you could sit it out - I don't think that was the case.

Back